• The KillerFrogs

Globe Gazette: Iowa State has 'all-in' running game mentality

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
5d94ea17af4af.image.jpg

Iowa State has 'all-in' running game mentality

AMES – Iowa State’s five running backs have accounted for just 447 yards on the ground on 88 carries through four games.

Quarterback Brock Purdy is Iowa State’s leading rusher when accounting for sacks with 157 yards on the ground.

“Obviously, I think every year and every situation’s different,” Iowa State coach Matt Campbell said. “Right now, I think it’s been an all-in mentality. But it will be really interesting to see how this season emerges and who emerges at that position, but I think it’s a tough question, because we’d all love David Montgomery — yeah, David Montgomery is a great player, but now you’re kind of trying to figure out who is that guy? What is that situation for you? We’ve had some guys step up and do some great things for us so far. Has that guy — one single person — emerged yet? They haven’t.”

Read more at https://globegazette.com/sports/iow...cle_c4206ae7-b728-5022-b3df-33f858204b42.html

Froggish

I don't know. All of these newspaper articles talking about how ISU is going to run the ball. Seems like a facade. I have a feeling they're going to bomb away through the air on Saturday.

Wanting to run the ball and being able to do it with any consistency are two different things. I think your right in that they are going throw it. I’m guessing they’ll play ball control because it’s who they are but I’m sure they watched SMU get deep on us

Frog-in-law1995

In the pouring ass rain against Iowa, they threw 35 times (including 4 of 5 plays on opening drive) for a total of 327 and ran 19 times (9 by Purdy) for 91.

Against Baylor they threw 45 times (including 4 of 5 on opening drive) for 342 and ran 28 (including 13 by Purdy) for 63.

But they’re “all in” for running against the best rushing defense in the conference by a mile?

Latest posts