• The KillerFrogs

Gillespie named TCU DC……

gofor2

Interesting that we keep hiring coaches with Baylor and or Briles connections.
Most fans object to these sorts of things if they are actually informed of the connections before or during the hire.
I guess coaches view things differently compared to what we get in the media.

Last edited:

Eight

Interesting that we keep hiring coaches with Baylor and or Briles connections.
Most fans object to these sorts of things if they are actually informed of the connections before or during the hire.
Appears coaches don't have any issues with it at all lol

you know the stories from people who work in the back of restaurants, specific if you asked most coaches you would find very similar stories

asleep003

FWIW, Oks St. runs a 4-2-5. It's not the alignment, it's the talent and having those guys execute and tackle. Something that just stopped this year. Like I kept saying, the problem with the team was not just x's and o's. For some reason it looks like most of the players just bailed on Gary. Most of the big gains were on blown assignments and or bad tackling, not clever play calling by the offense.

Froggish

Ok St 4-2-5 is nothing like GPs version, 2 different animals…Still they had upperclassman and tough kids at all levels. We weren’t tough at all

Salfrog

Tier 1
Is David Beaty being considered for the inside receivers/ TE coach, or is it pretty much just between Meach & Gru? Just curious.

Froggish

People keep talking about needing to find true 0/1 techniques but the most fascinating thing for me to watch next year will be how they handle the current crop of DEs on the roster. While we’ve used down lineman some, none are traditional hand in the ground or 4i types which is what will be called for in the 3-3-5. Can Mathis or Coleman add weight and eat blocks? I have my doubts…

4th. down

People keep talking about needing to find true 0/1 techniques but the most fascinating thing for me to watch next year will be how they handle the current crop of DEs on the roster. While we’ve used down lineman some, none are traditional hand in the ground or 4i types which is what will be called for in the 3-3-5. Can Mathis or Coleman add weight and eat blocks? I have my doubts…
It's going to take a couple of seasons to rebuild the defensive line and LB group and GP may go to Texas and advise them on defense while Rome was burning as he observed from his swimming pool? Maybe CDC thinks he owe's him. Really, the whole defense needs to be rebuilt, at least that's what the stats and eyeball test reveal.