• The KillerFrogs

General Bowl Games Conversation

TCUdirtbag

Heck, not even LSU cares about it- You KNOW they don't want to be there, look at the score.

K-State was the favorite in this one even before LSU had players decide to sit out/transfer. This LSU team is extremely average. Tonight they’re average and short-handed. K-State is likewise very average but they have a lot of experience and are less short-handed.

Anyone else notice Brian Kelly didn’t bring his bad fake southern accent to the interview he just did?

Pharm Frog

GP got out of this game at the right time, probably a year or two late. No idea why he’d ever want to jump back in unless he just doesn’t care anymore and wants some more cash.
Is there anything much worse than being subjected to ESPN talking heads opining on “the state of affairs in college football”?

LisaLT

K-State was the favorite in this one even before LSU had players decide to sit out/transfer. This LSU team is extremely average. Tonight they’re average and short-handed. K-State is likewise very average but they have a lot of experience and are less short-handed.

Anyone else notice Brian Kelly didn’t bring his bad fake southern accent to the interview he just did?
He is such a phony.
Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

LisaLT

GP got out of this game at the right time, probably a year or two late. No idea why he’d ever want to jump back in unless he just doesn’t care anymore and wants some more cash.
I totally agree. I can’t imagine how he isn’t totally repulsed by the state of college football.

Endless Purple

What was the deal with the LSU players slamming the KSU player down in the first quarter then almost breaking into a fight. The LSU guy slammed him, and grabbed his face mask to shove him back before another LSU player came in a pummeled the KSU player again. Not one flag thrown on LSU for that?

TCUdirtbag

What was the deal with the LSU players slamming the KSU player down in the first quarter then almost breaking into a fight. The LSU guy slammed him, and grabbed his face mask to shove him back before another LSU player came in a pummeled the KSU player again. Not one flag thrown on LSU for that?

Yeah. Incredible no-call. Especially compared to that unsportsmanlike they just called on the kstate kicker.

TCUdirtbag

SEC must’ve greased the officials’ palms. The unsportsmanlikes raining down on K-State are both uncharacteristic and seemingly imbalanced.

#22 shows as 5’6” on the roster. So 5’5” at best. Insane. I remember noticing he seemed small when we were getting slaughtered by the cats in October. But damn.

Showtime Joe 2.0

I honestly did not know that rule or did he do it in the opponent’s face or something? Come to think about it I can’t recall seeing college spikes. Seems ticky tack
Spiking the ball has always been a penalty in the college game. With all the other changes to the game these days, perhaps they'll change that rule as well one day.

Heck, I'm old enough to remember when dunking was against the rules in high school and college basketball!

Pharm Frog

Spiking the ball has always been a penalty in the college game. With all the other changes to the game these days, perhaps they'll change that rule as well one day.

Heck, I'm old enough to remember when dunking was against the rules in high school and college basketball!
I have vague memories of dunking being prohibited in basketball. I have vivid memories of dunking in warmups being a technical foul in high school. Saw a game between one of the Aldine schools and Beaumont French where French began the game shooting 8 technical foul shots.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I have vague memories of dunking being prohibited in basketball. I have vivid memories of dunking in warmups being a technical foul in high school. Saw a game between one of the Aldine schools and Beaumont French where French began the game shooting 8 technical foul shots.
Dunking was not allowed in college when I was there. Coach Swaim had no problem with it, and actually featured it one year in the "Midnight Madness" celebration to start the season. Evans Royal brought the house down with what he announced was the "Monkey Dunk." He jumped up, jammed the ball home, and then grabbed the rim with one hand and the side of the backboard with the other, then held himself there almost like an iron cross in gymnastics. It was amazing to watch!