• The KillerFrogs

Garrett Riley to Clemson

Bruce Berry

Lol moving 5 times in 6 years is not required for career advancement. It’s greed or prestige driving his bus.

Not likely a notable (to him) monetary difference in OC pay at that level

I lived in Austin, Houston, and then Wichita, KS in three consecutive years during my career. It happens. I don't consider my self greedy.

FrogBall09

Personally I think he stays as an OC in the NFL. The Jets are rumored to be interested and they are going to desperately need some to help with QB development.

I could be wrong and he ends up back in college but it would have to be a high profile OC position I would think.
I agree he will stay in the NFL and most likely be an OC for someone and probably good at it - he never liked recruiting evidently and has the personality to deal with coaching millionaires a lot more than 18-24 year olds

Zubaz

I lived in Austin, Houston, and then Wichita, KS in three consecutive years during my career. It happens. I don't consider my self greedy.
It's also sports. Sports is fluid, you move around a lot as both a player and coach. It's part of the gig. If you want geographic stability, sports probably aren't for you. Sell insurance in your hometown and put down roots or something.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
giphy.webp
I know. I just realized I’m responding to two people who consistently have among the worst takes on the board

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
When you go 3 and out series after series or commit TOs because of bad play calling decisions - it has a lot to do with our D ability to respond…

We were most likely losing that game either way - but we didn’t have to get embarrassed more than any team ever in a bowl game in our biggest moment

And if you think Clemson didn’t talk to him before the NC and managed to not only do that, negotiate a final deal, call their board meeting for approval and have the meeting in less than 48 hours - then you are naive at best

It’s good for him he is leaving and we will replace him - hopefully with someone that has been there before given he was great this year at times but learned some hard lessons at TCUs expense

However - he should have told Clemson to wait until the game was over - if they really wanted him, they would have done
This process is about three weeks old and SD was in the loop

Bruce Berry

Did your employer move you or did you switch jobs 3x with young kids?

Getting moved for work and hopping around are very different

One company-but all due to advancement. My daughter went to grades 3, 4 and 5 in different cities and moved back to Austin for senior year of HS. She survived it.

I will say this-I'm friends with a prominent college coach who was at Clemson who took a new job solely because the schools there were awful.

I hate to lose Gilbert but good for him. We had many coaches who stayed with Gary for years. Telling.

FrogBall09

This process is about three weeks old and SD was in the loop
that doesn't make it better....he should have said wait until the end of the season. Just because Dykes knew he was talking to them does not give him a pass.

As a matter of fact - that kind of proves my point that we have a staff that has never been there before and learned some hard lessons that UGA already knew because Sonny should have told him TCU would back him 100% moving if that is what he wanted but to not distract anyone's attention until after the season.

Some lessons are learned the hard way - we lost the first Fiesta largely because no one on the staff had been there before but used that education to win the Rose. We lost the B12 championship game for the same reason but used it to finish against Michigan.

Maybe we can get another shot at the NC and use this as a learning experience - but we will never get the benefit of the doubt again because of the way we lost, so it will take 100% execution the next time.

Eight

that doesn't make it better....he should have said wait until the end of the season. Just because Dykes knew he was talking to them does not give him a pass.

As a matter of fact - that kind of proves my point that we have a staff that has never been there before and learned some hard lessons that UGA already knew because Sonny should have told him TCU would back him 100% moving if that is what he wanted but to not distract anyone's attention until after the season.

Some lessons are learned the hard way - we lost the first Fiesta largely because no one on the staff had been there before but used that education to win the Rose. We lost the B12 championship game for the same reason but used it to finish against Michigan.

Maybe we can get another shot at the NC and use this as a learning experience - but we will never get the benefit of the doubt again because of the way we lost, so it will take 100% execution the next time.

don't think anyone has disagreed with the point that this staff was in uncharted waters after the michigan game and mistakes were made in a number of areas

think the only real point on contention is the impact of changing likes after the game

my belief is much like hugh trying to get ready to play wolverine in a few weeks, the changes would have needed to be made awhile back