• The KillerFrogs

Games this weekend?

f_399

True but some of it is instinct or pocket presence.

It maybe one of those things that you either have or you don’t.

Robinson is probably used to using his physical ability to get out of bad situations and never really learned the mechanics properly in high school

Moose Stuff

Robinson is probably used to using his physical ability to get out of bad situations and never really learned the mechanics properly in high school

Instincts and presence are definitely more something you have than something you learn.

I think the third thing is undeniably true and became apparent last year in the Tech game when these guys were catching him much more quickly than he anticipated and were knocking the ball out of his hand. That never happened to him in HS when he was a man among boys.

The instinct and presence thing is true. Some QB's have it, some don't. The hope that I have for that is that Trevone Boykin looked like one of the least instinctive QB's I had ever seen his first two years. There was time after time where all he had to do was step up in the pocket but would immediately abandon looking down field and run outside for a negative play. Then he figured it out became very good at improvising.

Pharm Frog

How many did they score on University of North Texas’s?

Have no idea but still contend that 33 points should be sufficient in the vast majority of games and virtually all of them not played in the Big 12 in the last decade. I have no dog in this fight as I couldn't care less about what Chad Morris does or does not do although I do enjoy hoggie angst. I just find it weird that some people are saying that his "high school" offense is the issue when they scored 33 points in an SEC game and apparently let their opponent go 97 yards in the last couple of minutes to lose that game. I have no idea if 14 of those 33 were scored by pick sixes or fumble returns and another 7 on a kickoff that was housed so that could be an issue. I'd be most inclined to think that Arkie simply sucks at most facets of the game.