• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: UAPB vs TCU

robbroyy

So of the 39 pointed we’ve scored Duggan has been on the field for 27 of them and all 3 of the TDs ...but we are in a QB competition...Um Ok
To be fair had there not been a fumble at the 4 yard line, it would have been 46 points and only a 27-19 split.

Duggan definitely played better mostly due to his pocket presence. But Delton was done no favors. He is basically what we trotted out during the MWC days. Won’t turn it over much but also not much of a playmaker.

4th. down

To be fair had there not been a fumble at the 4 yard line, it would have been 46 points and only a 27-19 split.

Duggan definitely played better mostly due to his pocket presence. But Delton was done no favors. He is basically what we trotted out during the MWC days. Won’t turn it over much but also not much of a playmaker.

Yeah, have to agree on Delton, but they dropped several passes when he was in. Just doesn't have the arm of Duggan but then Duggan cannot run like Delton. He will be a good backup when needed - he needs to stay positive and not get down because Duggan will start at Purdue.

TCUWIN

Well, special teams got some work in tonight. Defense was as good as expected. A few break downs but seemed to tackle well. Line did not dominate quite like I expected. Offense needs some work. Line did not dominate at all. Anderson did not seem as fast as advertised by Patterson. Down field passing was not as good as Patterson led me to believe through media reports. Sewo will be a beast. Delton can run. Duggan can throw hard...not sure he always knows where it’s going. Barlow will be really good too. Lots of receivers with tons of talent - just need to become more consistent catching the ball. Not sure I am excited to know I have to wait two weeks to watch again and see if they improved. If they don’t, not sure we beat Purdue. And then it’s a long, very disappointing season.

TCUWIN

46 points??? May be a sure 42.

4th. down

Well, special teams got some work in tonight. Defense was as good as expected. A few break downs but seemed to tackle well. Line did not dominate quite like I expected. Offense needs some work. Line did not dominate at all. Anderson did not seem as fast as advertised by Patterson. Down field passing was not as good as Patterson led me to believe through media reports. Sewo will be a beast. Delton can run. Duggan can throw hard...not sure he always knows where it’s going. Barlow will be really good too. Lots of receivers with tons of talent - just need to become more consistent catching the ball. Not sure I am excited to know I have to wait two weeks to watch again and see if they improved. If they don’t, not sure we beat Purdue. And then it’s a long, very disappointing season.

Austintxfrog94

Yeah, have to agree on Delton, but they dropped several passes when he was in. Just doesn't have the arm of Duggan but then Duggan cannot run like Delton. He will be a good backup when needed - he needs to stay positive and not get down because Duggan will start at Purdue.
I’m betting Delton starts at Purdue and “The Official Game Thread” will blow two gaskets.

4th. down

I've fell into the ole optimistic trap again like last year. We will get better but not enough to challenge for the crown of the Big 12. Run blocking against this powerhouse was no bueno and receivers dropping the ball all over the field. Believe Reagor will correct his punt returns but hell, he shouldn't be returning punts in the first place.

I would be jubilant with 8-4.

Mean Purple

I've fell into the ole optimistic trap again like last year. We will get better but not enough to challenge for the crown of the Big 12. Run blocking against this powerhouse was no bueno and receivers dropping the ball all over the field. Believe Reagor will correct his punt returns but hell, he shouldn't be returning punts in the first place.

I would be jubilant with 8-4.
Rcvr coaching has not improved in 3 years.

Froggish

The good.

-T. Hunt and Heights both showed nice hands.
-Anderson seemed healthy and though he wasn’t explosive he was solid.
-Barkley didn’t play but will be back for Purdue and that will help the QBs.
-Duggan throws the best ball since Boykin and the game didn’t seem to big for him.
-Kicking game was outstanding and MUCH improved

The Bad.

- Drops Drops Drops are back
- No push for the interior OL. Cordel and Bolisomi were very average in run blocking. Maybe the most disappointing thing I saw from the offense.
- LB play was uneven..
- Delton held the ball way to long and missed a ton of reads. Duggan is a one pitch passer but damn if isn’t some pretty gas

Mean Purple

Delton can’t read the field...What else are we to take away. He has wheels but he can’t make the throws..This team is in trouble if we don’t give all the snaps we can right now to Duggan..Duggan needs to go the distance. GP pissed and moan that we should have platooned SR and Collins last year so he was going to do that tonight..Well now he needs to recognize that one guy has the tools we need and make the call.
GP was either trying to throw other teams off when he played up Delton or he just missed on it totally.

JugbandFrog

I don’t know why we aren’t trying to stretch vertical over the middle to clear up space behind the bubble screen or anything to the flats. The tight end can make the play.

nwlafrog

Disagree. APB looks solid. They're very well-coached and to have that kind of improvement is amazing

I don’t know man. I think we played down a bit, Gary went a bit vanilla as to not show much and Cumbie did Cumbie things. It’s APB, they aren’t anywhere near conference competition. Granted, it could’ve been 46-7, but we did not look crisp throughout the game.