• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Oklahoma, The Last One (Nov 24, 2023; 11AM)

Wexahu

Good for them and their success. But that doesn’t change my point - the fact that Gillespie's experience was with one G5 school under one DC. And it has not worked for TCU and Dykes.
There’s all kinds of situations that don’t work out where guys have tons of prior experience at the P5 level before getting hired.

Guys with Gillespie’s type of background is the type of coaches we are gonna get, unless you want a retread who’s been fired once or several times before.

frogetaboutit

I think Bailey has had an above average year, not understood why people say he sucks
I don’t know that anybody is saying he sucks. His vision, ability to stay on his feet and top end speed are however open for discussion. To his credit - he has improved. All that said, I’m glad we have him.

HFrog1999

I just told me dog get an interception and Bud Clark did.

Happy Hour Meme GIF by Travis

There’s all kinds of situations that don’t work out where guys have tons of prior experience at the P5 level before getting hired.

Guys with Gillespie’s type of background is the type of coaches we are gonna get, unless you want a retread who’s been fired once or several times before.
Come on now, you can certainly find a defensive coordinater who has been with more than one school, so why are you saying that again.

Another point—
Gillespie installed the 3-3-5 at Tulsa. He had never coached with it before; his DC at Tulsa used a different defense. So he has had to teach himself this defense, and that does not appear to be working. Again, the guy is raw.

Last edited: