• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Short Lines for Beer Edition

Mean Purple

Gotta admit though, that last series of TCU offensive plays were laughable. Hall Of Fame level ineptitude and poor feel play calling. Watched a lot of ball over the years and trying to recall the last time I have seen something so helpless. That fade was the crown jewel.
Use our speed and run somewhere else just twice, and likely a td. It is the same stuff that cost us last year.
And I don't see how folks can think we are not hurting in the S&C program.

Flying T

Tier 1
Dude, this program is going backwards. And he makes bad decisions in games like this. He built a mid major progam. Overall, in the big 12, he is not getting it done.

I agree, something is systemically wrong with the program, and has been for a while. You can see it in the lack of passion and enthusiasm on the part of the team, the big-time recruits who continue to come here in love with TCU only to regress or leave, the horrific play-calling, and it is evident in just the overall incompetence and disfunction on display for the entire world to see .

Mean Purple

the issue for me is not a singular loss no more than a singular win over texas validates things are headed in the right direction.

the issue is the continued pattern of on field mistakes by the offense that we have seen over the last 3 seasons regardless if the frogs had freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or seniors on the field.

the issue is a lack of fundamental skills at key positions that simply have not been developed and/or applied as well as no apparent overall coherent plan for the offense the past 3 seasons.

the issue is the entire matter with alex delton being forced into an offense he didn't fit, a passive mindset in an offensive line when the strength of your offense is your running backs, and things such as sonny being trotted out after the smu game.
Every issue you raise is warranted. Yeah, teams lose, but it is just the constant bad execution and play calling. And nothing has been fixed in the off seasons. And our S&C program has a lot to answer for.

We are lucky we got texas when they were really banged up.

Mean Purple

I agree, something is systemically wrong with the program, and has been for a while. You can see it in the lack of passion and enthusiasm on the part of the team, the big-time recruits who continue to come here in love with TCU only to regress or leave, the horrific play-calling, and it is evident in just the overall incompetence and disfunction on display for the entire world to see .
won't matter, too many old money coots more worried about suites. the hire for AD should have been a national search. we are not a WAC team anymore. We have money, and facilities. No execuse and there should be no fear of going after big assistants. And, if we see this again next year, which we likely will, then Patterson needs to feel some heat. But, again, too many guys drinking coffee at a cadi dealership who will buffer.

Use our speed and run somewhere else just twice, and likely a td. It is the same stuff that cost us last year.
And I don't see how folks can think we are not hurting in the S&C program.
You hit the nail on the head with the lack of S&C. I can tell you the program at TCU is woeful. The off-season programs are a joke. what I’ve seen at TCU is laughable. High schools have better S&C programs.

Moose Stuff

won't matter, too many old money coots more worried about suites. the hire for AD should have been a national search. we are not a WAC team anymore. We have money, and facilities. No execuse and there should be no fear of going after big assistants. And, if we see this again next year, which we likely will, then Patterson needs to feel some heat. But, again, too many guys drinking coffee at a cadi dealership who will buffer.

If this happens again next year and Gary still has complete job security it’s basically an admission that we’ve given up. You wanna be big time, act big time.

Mean Purple

It goes back to an offense and special team play that is inadequate for the Big 12.
rcvrs were way better when Meach was here.
All the big stars we got don't make consistent catches. They run wrong routes. They don't block.
just unreal.
Patterson in comments last week saying how everybody comes up saying "put me in, I can make it" and Patterson looks for reasons not to put them in. Always some excuse. What's his excuse for letting 36 seconds just run off the clock at the end of the game.?