• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread, Season Opener: Colorado vs TCU; Sponsored by NIL Village

Mean Purple

I need to readjust my expectations for this season drastically after that one. Im not even sure the INTs and missed FG would have sealed a win for us because who knows how the game plays out with their ability to score Willy nilly. Every time we scored, they scored.

What a deflating loss. Game 1 season opener at home and a big L. Just no words are adequate enough to express my disgust.
In front of a record breaking crowd no less. A GP team would not have crapped the bed on D like that. They could not cover or tackle. The tackling was horrible. They can’t even get the angle on pursuit.

Wexahu

I need to readjust my expectations for this season drastically after that one. Im not even sure the INTs and missed FG would have sealed a win for us because who knows how the game plays out with their ability to score Willy nilly. Every time we scored, they scored.

What a deflating loss. Game 1 season opener at home and a big L. Just no words are adequate enough to express my disgust.
I think we’ll still be pretty good but that was just awful. Need to change the approach on D me thinks.

dawg

To be honest, most good qbs decent teams would have done that to us today. Our defense is so bad. They were not good last year. They are awful now. And with a Leach minded coach, D becomes an after thought.
This. Zero pressure, minimal coverage, poor tackling. We’d have been lit up by any offense with a pulse.

Mean Purple

No pass rush AT ALL when we don’t blitz anyone. You just can’t make your DBs chase guys all over the field.
That was the odd part, when we did get after them in the second quarter, it worked.

Prime knows this D is bad and he knows our offensive scheme is not what can win championships. Im sure he planned well for that.

dawg

In front of a record breaking crowd no less. A GP team would not have crapped the bed on D like that. They could not cover or tackle. The tackling was horrible. They can’t even get the angle on pursuit.
2005-2014 TCU? Yes. We come in prepared and win.

What we ran out there from 2018-2021…I’m not sure.

LisaLT

I think we’ll still be pretty good but that was just awful. Need to change the approach on D me thinks.
What’s going to happen when we face UT or OU or Tech for that matter? And KSU? Even KU has a solid QB and playmakers. I could see us really struggling this year with what I saw today. And yes, our approach on defense needs to change. Radically.

2themax

If today's game was a cartoon.
sad wile e coyote GIF by Looney Tunes

tetonfrog

He is what he is. Really surprising we have no depth behind him, esp after we sent a QB to NY for the Heisman ceremony.
Because we told everyone CM is the starter and would keep it for a few years. I wonder if our ex-QBs who transferred out have some second thoughts. We have a good OL and weapons at RB, WR and TE. CM couldn't get them the ball. And Briles' son should be second guessed for his red-zone playcalling. Sometimes it is OK to have the QB turn around and hand the ball to a RB.

We were awful on D, slept walk through the first half and still had a chance to win today.

Gotta try some new guys on D - I thought we were deep at LB and S? We really miss Dee Winters. He was all over the field in coverage last year. Today our LBs were always a step or two or three behind. Don't understand why JG rarely walked a safety up on the edge and brought him off the edge. Especially when our 3 DL never got a push, mostly got blocked and Sanders had all day to throw all game.

It's one thing to get beat at home, but it's tough when the coaches were the ones that gave it away.

Last edited:

Frog DJ

I’ve stayed away from kf.c until now, but I couldn’t help but notice there are already dueling threads advocating the firings of both coordinators.

I understand the frustration, but it’s the first game of the season, folks! CU looks like a very talented offense, and their defense never withered in the heat.

I’ll freely admit the Frogs looked shaky on both sides of the ball, but can’t we just also admit that Colorado looked pretty good, and that they played well?

Go Frogs!

Last edited:

Latest posts