• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Horned Frogs vs Bears

Bizarro Frog

Our D is not very aware this year on 4th down. They need 12 so just have everyone run around outside and let him run strait down the middle for a 1st Down. Same way Tech beat us.

Volare

Well at least this game we didn't wait until the 2nd or 3rd quarter to [ Finebaum ] the bed. Better to start right away so I can know to start drinking.

AFunkyFrog

That was clearly PI.

Special teams has needed to be addressed for years. There is no emphasis on special teams with no scholarship opportunity. I know this from personal experience. They set up camps for recruits but they are really only looking at one person recommended by Chris Sailor (kicking) or Rubio (long snapping). They are looking for the fastest snapping time but not accuracy. My youngest brother was a recruit a couple of years ago and went to a TCU camp. He was the most accurate person at camp but the person TCU was looking at was slightly faster. The other snapper got the preferred walk on offer because he could afford to pay the tuition, no one else got a look. The snapper ended up taking a scholarship somewhere else, no one else got a call despite having better accuracy.

TLDR: If TCU wants to stop missing the extra points and having blocked kicks they need to offer scholarships to kickers and snappers and quit offering preferred walk on spots to "recommended" kids who can afford the TCU tuition. Recruit the talent that's in front of you and give out some scholarships, at least partials.