• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Inventions by TCU

Bob Sugar

Not TCU, but Baylor invented the compression sleeve for fans:

giphy.gif

Brog

Sit right above it for home football games. I know everyone loves it but I would prefer it to get nuked from orbit. It is absolutely ear-damaging when you are above it and I have to cover my little girl's ears (even with her headphones on) or she loses it. Really brutal.

Troublel is, how do you know when to cover her ears? I sit down in that direction too, and it always catches me by surprise.

PurpleBlood87

“And it’s 3rd Down!” announcement? Never heard it elsewhere before I heard It @ ACS.

"What about starting under center for TCU Max Duggan"

When was the last time a TCU quarterback. actually ran the first play of the game under center?

Can't he just say "Starting at quarterback Mad Duggan"?

dawg

I have no idea if we were the first college football stadium to do the student section flag/banner thing. We absolutely weren’t the first stadium in any sport to do it.

Yep. Euro football supporters have long had serious banner game.

Milan-Inter-tifo.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Stateside, Portland and Seattle have game, too

maxresdefault.jpg

f18fa2cc8493ccffe150b3ef20684371.jpg

Frog Alley - existed well before CDC, but he stole the idea and took it to UT with Bevo Blvd. I'm sure other schools have copied this as well, but not sure on specifics

Student section flags - pretty sure we were the first school that had this and has now been copied by ~50% of the NCAA

Am I missing anything?

But I thought our game day experience sucked. Why would anyone steal it? When those FWST articles came out with SMU fans being loud those are the comments I read from Twitter.