• The KillerFrogs

Game Thread: TCU vs Samford

LionsBearsFrogs

Hoosierfrog said:
Was I the only one wgo thought this punt call was terrible? On the replay it looked like it was at least a yard in play and never broke the plane of the goal line.

Also, time to give up on the color blocking.On tv it lookedlike no one even made an attempt?!?
Punt call was terrible. It didn't break the plane.

Was I the only one wgo thought this punt call was terrible? On the replay it looked like it was at least a yard in play and never broke the plane of the goal line.

Also, time to give up on the color blocking.On tv it lookedlike no one even made an attempt?!?
Tonight's game was a purple out so the lack of color blocking was on purpose.

Double V

Frogs On A Plane said:
Close to 600 yards of offense. We only have up 143 yards on defense, and HALF of that was on one drive. No turnovers on offense that I remember with the starters. Only 4 penalties. Most offensive yards since October of 2012. Boykin was 29-41.

What's the problem? Because we didn't score 70? I didn't see anything negative about this game, it actually made me feel better about this year.
Admittedly the stats were good, but still a few drives that stalled due to a big sack, a dropped ball, a missed open WR, etc. Just watching the game live, I got the gut feeling of more of the same as last 2 years.

D did exactly what they should have, no complaints there. Play calling was better, for sure. Offense definitely put up some great stats and cut down on turnovers, but that's what they SHOULD do against Samford.

I still need to watch the game on TV. Maybe after that and a week off I'll feel better about our prospects.

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
Thanks Sean for a great job around the stadium today! He outworked everybody in that pressbox & stadium!!

SwissArmyFrog

jack the weed said:
Never been a Boykin basher myself but a few of the perpetually offended Boykin defenders are starting to look as foolish as the most unreasonable Boykin smashers now and that's saying something. Maybe we have a QB (or two) that can do some things with a little help, lets see. Things looking reasonably positive now.

Yes.

That said, I didn't see/hear the game, but it reading the box score, it seemed like Boykin did have a great game.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Double V said:
Admittedly the stats were good, but still a few drives that stalled due to a big sack, a dropped ball, a missed open WR, etc. Just watching the game live, I got the gut feeling of more of the same as last 2 years.

D did exactly what they should have, no complaints there. Play calling was better, for sure. Offense definitely put up some great stats and cut down on turnovers, but that's what they SHOULD do against Samford.

I still need to watch the game on TV. Maybe after that and a week off I'll feel better about our prospects.
Do our fans not realize that all those things you listed are part of football? They happen to EVERY team. I saw plenty of missed WRs, dropped balls, sacks etc in every game I watched today. It's part of football, no matter how good or bad you are. Not only that, it didn't happen much tonight in our game at all.

atofrog

Contributor
Scott said:
Thanks Sean for a great job around the stadium today! He outworked everybody in that pressbox & stadium!!
Thanks Scott but I never made it to the press box tonight. It was a team effort.

JK! I know who you meant and agree. Thanks to all KF and TCU fans at the game tonight. Great job!

Go Frogs!

DickBumpastache

The middle 10-15 minutes of gametime were gross. It's hard to complain about the other 45-50. I was most encouraged by the fact that we got our Boat together after the game stalled early in the 3rd quarter.

I'd give it a B+. Not perfect, but certainly not bad.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
DickBumpastache said:
The middle 10-15 minutes of gametime were gross. It's hard to complain about the other 45-50. I was most encouraged by the fact that we got our Boat together after the game stalled early in the 3rd quarter.

I'd give it a B+. Not perfect, but certainly not bad.
Hopefully when they have that full contact, in pads practice tomorrow they can work out the kinks!

Ron Swanson

TCU J-Sauce said:
I'm not not realizing anything. Didn't coach P say they'd probably split the snaps this game?

At any rate, TB2 looked the better of the two today, and the most important stat for him - zero turnovers.
But what I'm saying is that the whole "we don't know who our QB is, we're gonna give both guys a shot" talk, was apparently just talk.

Boykin is our QB, and Joekel is our backup.

cdsfrog

Much better than our game against SE Louisiana. 

I'm not going to get too excited because it was Samford but I think it's incredibly valuable to get a bye week to analyze game film. If we work out the kinks we should be 3-0 going into the OU game.

Boykin was far from perfect but looked pretty damn good and appears to be the clear cut starter.

Defense was terrible for basically one series and very good otherwise. They gave up 7 points and 143 yards. Last year they gave up 17 points and 339 yards against SE Louisiana. 

cheese83

Frogs On A Plane said:
Do our fans not realize that all those things you listed are part of football? They happen to EVERY team. I saw plenty of missed WRs, dropped balls, sacks etc in every game I watched today. It's part of football, no matter how good or bad you are. Not only that, it didn't happen much tonight in our game at all.
How about the Slanina play, I thought he was about to take it to the house and then the ball flew out of his hands.

For a second I thought, oh no here we go. Thankfully we continued to play well on O. Work out a few kinks and this could be dangerous. They really need to get TB to learn how to slide, maybe give Hicks and TJ more touches.

I thought Hicks and TJ were more effective as RBs compared to Cat. He's doing too dancing and shoulder fakes, just make a cut and go.