• The KillerFrogs

Game 4: #16 TCU vs. Abilene Christian

LawFrog504

Think the long delay between innings 1-2 was tough for Green. Thought he looked ok, but like flyfishing said, this is where Smith hurts because if you move King into this role the pen then takes a hit.

Early, but I like this team a lot. Good lineup top to bottom, great speed, and we are hitting the ball well/solid, not judt dingers, which is good for the postseason. I know of a team that hits dingers every year at their park and cruises into postseason, and then they get to Omaha and can't score bc the fences are deep. I will take our gap finding doubles or hard hit singles consistently over a team that relies only on the deep ball. The power is there, but it's not our only source of offense. very encouraging.

About the long ball, the one Isola hit last night was absolutely murdered. 39 degrees with the wind blowing in from the left, by the end of March that ball would've been up in the trees. Schloss has said that Isola may be our best hitter, and it's true. We have to find ways to get that bat in the lineup- moving Brown to RF and DH'ing Isola is one option. But he's simply too good thus far not to play most days. Love that we have him. Can't wait for Friday night- hoping we win out heading into Houston

tcudoc

Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but it’s amusing to me how many definitive judgements are being made off of seeing one game against a bad team. My advice, give it a month or so.
tumblr_m99656yNgJ1qhhxd4o1_250.gif

ShinerFrog

Tailgating Command Unit
Nothing more American than an ice cold beer with nachos or hotdog at a baseball game, but I'm curious if the price for one beer equals grocery store 6-pack prices like most sporting venues now?

Believe the sign at concession stand showed $7.00.
Not quite Jerry World pricing.....

Purp

Figured, but at least we have the option now I guess.
I think they might be $5 on Saturdays prior to first pitch, though. Saw that in the e-mail today. I assume it'll be the same promo every weekend like it was last year. Kid's day is still Sunday and I noticed they have free cotton candy on Sundays. That'll make for interesting Sunday evenings in our household of kinder and toddler aged boys. Yikes!