• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Williams’ triple-double actually second one in TCU history

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...niversity/article140168848.html#storylink=cpy

BY JIMMY BURCH
jburch@star-telegram.com

Upon further review, TCU guard Kenrich Williams’ triple-double in Tuesday’s 86-68 victory over Richmond turns out to be the second in school history rather than the first. TCU officials were notified Wednesday by NCAA statisticians that their records showed a 1995 triple-double by Horned Frogs’ center Kurt Thomas.

School officials, who thought Williams’ feat was unprecedented in TCU history, confirmed it from a box score from the team’s 85-80 loss to Texas A&M on Feb. 25, 1995 in College Station. Thomas had 23 points, 14 rebounds and 11 blocked shots in that game. Williams got his triple-double against Richmond with the more typical combination of points (11), rebounds (14) and assists (10).

Punter1

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...niversity/article140168848.html#storylink=cpy

BY JIMMY BURCH
jburch@star-telegram.com

Upon further review, TCU guard Kenrich Williams’ triple-double in Tuesday’s 86-68 victory over Richmond turns out to be the second in school history rather than the first. TCU officials were notified Wednesday by NCAA statisticians that their records showed a 1995 triple-double by Horned Frogs’ center Kurt Thomas.

School officials, who thought Williams’ feat was unprecedented in TCU history, confirmed it from a box score from the team’s 85-80 loss to Texas A&M on Feb. 25, 1995 in College Station. Thomas had 23 points, 14 rebounds and 11 blocked shots in that game. Williams got his triple-double against Richmond with the more typical combination of points (11), rebounds (14) and assists (10).

We got those darning sheep darners back at our place that year with the best inbounds play ever. Some big foreign white guy ran over Juan Bragg along the far baseline with 2 seconds left down by 1 and he made both free throws. Still probably the best ending...of a game...Ive been to.

JogginFrog

Glad to see Thomas' feat re-recognized. And glad to see that the NCAA statisticians are hard at work confirming the early reports from KF.c

Limp Lizard

We got those darning sheep darners back at our place that year with the best inbounds play ever. Some big foreign white guy ran over Juan Bragg along the far baseline with 2 seconds left down by 1 and he made both free throws. Still probably the best ending...of a game...Ive been to.
Yeah I was there near the top in a corner (Northwest?) I pride myself a good winner, but not that time...it was the aggies, for God's sake.

Young and Horned

rick-perry-oops-o.gif

Tom Brown

My memory was that it was Tony Barone's son, but i could be misremembering.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
For the record, Kurt Thomas had 12 blocks in that game, a TCU record, per the TCU Media Guide.
Derrick Davenport tied it in 1999 vs Alaska Fairbanks.
Davenport also had games with 11 blocks vs. Rice in 2000, and 9 vs TTech, also in 2000.

JugbandFrog

I was there for that one! Barone beats his wife!

Deep Purple

My memory was that it was Tony Barone's son, but i could be misremembering.
Naw, the player was a guy from Spain named Dario Quesada. Loved watching TCU set up that designed trap play on him. It's an old trick an American player would have been more wary of, but I doubt Spaniard basketballers had ever seen it at the time.