• The KillerFrogs

FWST: The story behind Eddie Lampkin’s puzzling criticism of coach Jamie Dixon

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU Insider: The story behind Eddie Lampkin’s puzzling criticism of coach Jamie Dixon

BY STEVEN JOHNSON

USATSI_19725809.jpg

Wednesday was supposed to be about TCU preparing for Kansas State and the Big 12 tournament. Instead the program is embroiled in controversy, facing questions about its culture.

Fan favorite and center Eddie Lampkin Jr. took to Instagram and posted screenshots of text messages between his mother, Vanessa Lampkin, and TCU coach Jamie Dixon, as well as between himself and another unnamed coach. In the text exchange, his mother accused Dixon of player mistreatment and of making “racial comments.”

The Star-Telegram spoke to multiple Black parents of current players and to another longtime AAU Black coach who has had multiple athletes play for Dixon.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article272941005.html#storylink=cpy

Very good write up. This is clearly centered on an individual, and his family, and some personal issues he is dealing with. Good luck Lamp.

Go Frogs. Beat K-State.
Things like this will make public-facing NIL backers think twice abt having their name associated with a student athlete. Ricky prob wanting those images of EL and the Chicken Express hoodies removed from the Interwebs.

LisaLT

It was a good write up and it is a relief to hear that none of the other players or their parents have had any issues whatsoever with Dixon and his staff. It sounds like EL is dealing with too many personal issues all at one time, which culminated in a total meltdown. I think when he looks back on this situation, he may regret some of his actions, and that of his mother's.

Hope he finds some peace and happiness in whatever the future holds for him.

Frog-in-law1995

It was a good write up and it is a relief to hear that none of the other players or their parents have had any issues whatsoever with Dixon and his staff. It sounds like EL is dealing with too many personal issues all at one time, which culminated in a total meltdown. I think when he looks back on this situation, he may regret some of his actions, and that of his mother's.

Hope he finds some peace and happiness in whatever the future holds for him.
Besides a private text to CJD, what did his mother do?

Frog79

Steven Johnson is by far the best TCU beat writer the Startlegram has ever had. I like the fact that he actually does real journalism and tries to contact the people in question to get their side of it rather than making up his own narrative like so many do, especially at his newspaper. Big Steaming Pile and Bud Kennedy could learn a lot from him.

Last edited:
Steven Johnson is by far the best TCU beat writer the Startlegram has ever had. I like the fact that he actually does real journalism and tries to contact the people in question to get their side of it rather than making up his own narrative like so many do, especially at his newspaper. Big Steaming Pile and Bud Kennedy could learn a lot from him.

Totally agree. Guarantee he won't be posting any pic of ACS 20 minutes before kickoff against Kansas when it's 102 outside.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
You know what I'm shocked about?!? That like 6 of you have subscriptions to the Star Telegram. Do you really each pay for that garbage, or is there a super secret way to read these articles without subscribing?
I can read a limited number of stories on the star telegram before the paywall hits. Everything is behind the paywall at the Dallas morning news site. No freebies over there.

PurpleBlood87

Mike Jones, Jeff Wilson, and Johnny Paul were all pretty dang good.