• The KillerFrogs

FWST: The answer to what’s changed at TCU is so obvious no one wants to touch it

Eight

Don't know, ask the Tech mascot.

Oh wait...

boom.gif

Rabidfrog

Yes, it is objective.

After we win conf. and play in NY6, the statue should be moved inside. We haven't forgotten what he did and was well compensated for it. It was a business for him as it should be with employment as he had several interviews to be a HC during his tenure here. But.......after this season the statue doesn't need to be the lead in on the front porch and thanks for the past memories GP except for the last 4 years.
disagree. We continue to honor what Gary did. If Sonny does something comparable, there's plenty of space left. 7-0 is a way from 11-1.

It's been interesting to me to see all the praises actually heaped on Coach Kaz by both players and HCSD. Given the success Baylor had while he was there, it seems he may actually be a main ingredient in the secret sauce.

In other words, sure the change at HC is obvious, but that brought about a TON of changes to staff and philosophy overall. It's not just about the presence of GP being gone, it's about the effect of a completely fresh approach.
Read Baylor Fans — they regret his firing an attribute the downfall to such.

Limey Frog

TCU is in for a war with Kansas State Saturday night. In all 3 phases of football, KSt is very good. You'll see what I'm saying within ten of play. Believe TCU will prevail in the end because this is a team, not a selection of individuals.

Boy, was this ever the truth. Not that we should be surprised from K-State at this point.

Has TCU beaten the three best-coached teams in the conference consecutively the past three weeks, all in absolute knock down fights? Time will tell, of course, and there are five teams still to play that could all beat us. But you could argue that Kansas, Okie State, and K-State are all playing at or near their ceilings, whereas WVU, Texas, and Baylor currently aren't. I'm increasingly worried about Tech (if we wait until the late second quarter to play any defense against them we might be trailing by 30). Iowa State is... I don't know; that's a long way off.

BleedNPurple

One difference I’ve noticed is Gary seemed to treat the players like kids. I think last season the kids had become more mature than what their coach was treating them.

Sonny treats them like men and professionals. He has a very good rapport with his staff and players and has been able to achieve excellent performance without the hostility.

I could tell that last season Gary was yelling at everybody all week because his voice stayed hoarse all week - even on his Thursday night show. I think he lost the respect of his players and didn’t know how to get it back. It appeared to me Gary went into overbearing on everyone and lost the team.

Toad Jones

One difference I’ve noticed is Gary seemed to treat the players like kids. I think last season the kids had become more mature than what their coach was treating them.

Sonny treats them like men and professionals. He has a very good rapport with his staff and players and has been able to achieve excellent performance without the hostility.

I could tell that last season Gary was yelling at everybody all week because his voice stayed hoarse all week - even on his Thursday night show. I think he lost the respect of his players and didn’t know how to get it back. It appeared to me Gary went into overbearing on everyone and lost the team.
Unfortunately, Gary lost a bit of respect from the coaching staff for the last 5 yrs and as time past, it became even greater. The support staff (Adm) in general is gauged in the same way. That's possibly why a lot of the staff were moved around into different positions by Donati.. Hvnt seen or talked to GP in some time, but I'd bet he has his old self again. The self of 12 or so yrs ago. Also, I'd bet he is happy or better put, he likes himself again.

I guarantee he's already working on a defense to stop the Frogs. He wants to win that one Very Much! In the past, Gary has laid on the floor at home (before back surgery) at wee hours trying to figure a way to stop an offense. Then jump up at 3 am off the floor, run into the bedroom, wake Kelsey up with ....I've figured it out. That's the old Gary Patterson.

It'll be a tough ball game....!!!! And ALL of UT alumnus, media, students and fans will be lined up everywhere to see that game. Most likely a game day presentation.

Heck, me too, I want to see what the new Frogs can do with an old Frog reputation. And, the new Frog staff will want to SMASH UT. Boy, this will be fun. Ha..if the game starts at two for example, Kelsey will at the stadium at 7:30....pm--not am.. Guess I'm looking ahead too, and you shouldn't. Take it one game at a time and keep your focus on today, not three weeks ahead.

(I wouldn't mind a total, atomic smash of UT either!)

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Unfortunately, Gary lost a bit of respect from the coaching staff for the last 5 yrs and as time past, it became even greater. The support staff (Adm) in general is gauged in the same way. That's possibly why a lot of the staff were moved around into different positions by Donati.. Hvnt seen or talked to GP in some time, but I'd bet he has his old self again. The self of 12 or so yrs ago. Also, I'd bet he is happy or better put, he likes himself again.

I guarantee he's already working on a defense to stop the Frogs. He wants to win that one Very Much! In the past, Gary has laid on the floor at home (before back surgery) at wee hours trying to figure a way to stop an offense. Then jump up at 3 am off the floor, run into the bedroom, wake Kelsey up with ....I've figured it out. That's the old Gary Patterson.

It'll be a tough ball game....!!!! And ALL of UT alumnus, media, students and fans will be lined up everywhere to see that game. Most likely a game day presentation.

Heck, me too, I want to see what the new Frogs can do with an old Frog reputation. And, the new Frog staff will want to SMASH UT. Boy, this will be fun. Ha..if the game starts at two for example, Kelsey will at the stadium at 7:30....pm--not am.. Guess I'm looking ahead too, and you shouldn't. Take it one game at a time and keep your focus on today, not three weeks ahead.

It's funny: I am happy for Gary the man, in that he was on a bad path here in the last years and everybody seemed to know it but him, and now he's out of the corner he had walled himself into and back to doing what made him happy in the first place. I'd rather he was doing it at East Podunk Technical College, but it is what it is...

BleedNPurple

That game has been circled on everybody’s calendar since GP went to UT.