• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU's March Madness résumé fluffing needs to start now

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU's March Madness résumé fluffing needs to start now

BY STEFAN STEVENSON
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

The good news is TCU basketball will be back to eight scholarship players Saturday night when it hosts Oklahoma State at Schollmaier Arena.

The bad news is it doesn't mean anything gets a whole lot easier for the Horned Frogs.

TCU (17-9, 5-8 in the Big 12) has five regular-season games remaining and having guard Shawn Olden back after he missed the previous two games because of a concussion he sustained at Kansas on Feb. 6.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article200463744.html

berryfrog95

The ‘ole fluffing, I think I had one of those last night!

We’re a 9 seed in ESPN Bracketology, got some work to do tonight.

Wexahu

3-2 with a win in the 1st tournament game - IN
3-2 with a loss in the 1st tournament game - squarely on bubble
2-3 - OUT (barring a run to the Big 12 champ game)

BleedNPurple

We need to win 2 B12 games in a row - hasn’t happened all season but that’s a big barometer that hasn’t panned out. Put some back to Back wins together and maybe the committee will think a little more favorably about this team.

back_in_black

Moderators
Oh, and FWIW, Billy used only 6-8 players in the stretch in 97-98, and we still wore teams down. And won.
So I am optimistic.:)

We also hit a brick wall after routing New Mexico. We ran out of gas and couldn’t beat them in the WAC tournament and lost in the first round of the NCAA’s.

Snoop1122

I have heard that eight to nine wins will for sure get us in the tournament. Lunardi has said we are in the 8/9 match up right now.

TheFDN

3-2 with a win in the 1st tournament game - IN
3-2 with a loss in the 1st tournament game - squarely on bubble
2-3 - OUT (barring a run to the Big 12 champ game)
Not sure you are being serious. 3-2 would leave us at 9-9 in the conference. That's a lock to get in this year regardless of conference tournament result.
If we win two more league games or finish in top 6, maybe even top 7 of the conference standings we are in. Big 12 is getting at least 6 teams in, maybe 7.

Wexahu

Not sure you are being serious. 3-2 would leave us at 9-9 in the conference. That's a lock to get in this year regardless of conference tournament result.
If we win two more league games or finish in top 6, maybe even top 7 of the conference standings we are in. Big 12 is getting at least 6 teams in, maybe 7.

3-2 leaves us at 8-10. We were 5-8 before last night. I think 8-10 with a loss in the 1st round of the conf tourney is no lock at all.

Limey Frog

Win nine conference games and it doesn't need any fluffing. It's not great, but at that it's surely in the best 68 nationally. Ridiculously, that's all it needs to be. The tourney is too large, but it is that large. Win three more and we're in.

Last edited:

TheFDN

3-2 leaves us at 8-10. We were 5-8 before last night. I think 8-10 with a loss in the 1st round of the conf tourney is no lock at all.
Gotcha. I thought your post was after the last night. My bad.
Still think 8-10 gets us in even if we get bounced in the first round of the Big 12 tourney.