• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU seniors measure their smarts by degrees

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: TCU seniors measure their smarts by degrees

By Stefan Stevenson
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

The day before playing their final game at TCU, 10 seniors will take part in a graduation ceremony at the Horned Frogs' team hotel, the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego.

Of the Frogs' 19 seniors, five already have their degree, including offensive lineman Spencer Thompson, who will receive his master's degree at Tuesday's ceremony, which includes TCU Chancellor Victor Boschini and attended by coach Gary Patterson. Thompson is one of only three players nationally who will earn a master's degree before their bowl game. (Alabama receiver Brandon Gibson and Nevada quarterback Tyler Lantrip are the others.)

Kyle Dooley will receive his communications degree with his parents in attendance. All three of them, he joked beforehand, would not miss being unable to attend Saturday's long graduation ceremony at Daniel-Meyer Coliseum.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12/17/3602722/tcu-seniors-measure-their-smarts.html#ixzz1gtM5alHV

cdsfrog

Wow, Spencer Thompson got his masters in 5 years......same amount of time I took to get my bachelors.

2 things

1) Good lord I was/am lazy.......
2) Thats even more impressive considering he has been on the team the entire 5 years.