• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU season on the brink of missing a bowl as Kendal Briles’ offense can’t score

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU season on the brink of missing a bowl as Kendal Briles’ offense can’t score

By Big Steaming Pile

AP23281064308121.jpg

TCU head coach Sonny Dykes spent a lot of capital to hire Kendal Briles, and the first six games of this relationship has produced losses, turnovers, and not many points.

After six games, TCU is not a good team. What went down in middle America on Saturday night confirmed as much.

TCU traveled to Iowa State on Saturday to reverse what was starting to feel like a lost season. Iowa State was just 2-3, and a decent team should kick around the Cyclones.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article280178194.html#storylink=cpy

Also at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...kendal-briles-offense-can-t-score/ar-AA1hRmvl

Last edited:

Cfrog1985

Ticket Exchange Pass
I don’t think they are at the brink. At this point it would take an outright miracle. It’s basically a foregone conclusion, absent miraculous changes.

LVH

A tempo offense that can’t score is the deepest of holes.
Maximize our opponent’s time of possession, while our offense self destructs.
This is how I feel about fast paces. Too many assume that fast pace = explosive offense that scores points. But on the flipside, a faster pace just means that [ Finebaum ] unravels quicker when its not working. A quicker pace means things go wrong quicker if not executed properly.

Reminds me of when DePaul basketball a few years ago was on social media bragging about how they had the #1 fastest tempo in the nation - and were 0-12 in the Big East.

A triple option offense when working is a thing of beauty, but when its not it looks absolutely helpless. A fast tempo offense is the same way - but I'd wager a failed tempo offense is worse because at least a failed triple option offense milks more clock and keeps the defense off the field for longer.

Virginia Frog

"Riley went to Clemson, and Dykes hired Briles. Thus far his offense has devolved from frustrating, to promising, to downright bad; a parade of turnovers and punts."
Clemson has hardly been a party so-far this season. Wake, with a little extra, could have taken them down yesterday.