• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU assistant coach changed approach to life after heart attack

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: TCU assistant coach changed approach to life after heart attack

By Stefan Stevenson
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

TCU offensive line coach Eddie Williamson probably could have used a less challenging season to deal with after suffering a heart attack a year ago in November.

Williamson, who also serves as an assistant head coach, was serenaded with Happy Birthday by coaches and players after the Horned Frogs' practice Sunday at the Sam Baugh Indoor Facility.

Williamson, who turned 60, suffered a heart attack early in a TCU home game against San Diego State on Nov. 13, 2010. He had surgery that day to clear blockage in a lower artery and doctors inserted a stent.

"I feel good," said Williamson, who has kept off the 20 pounds or so he lost after the attack. "I'm still careful with my diet. I just had my one year check-up recently and everything was good."

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12/11/3587240/tcu-assistant-coach-changed-approach.html#ixzz1gK2OKzdv

Screaming Flea

One of the great assistant coach' s in football and a great man. Real concern by the players when Eddie had that heart attach. That kind of concern and respect doesn't grow on trees but is earned over time!

Limp Lizard

What is the story on Williamson? Was he a smoker? He was a little overweight, but a lot of people live a long time with that. Had he suffered problems before November 2010? Type II diabetes? Or is he just one of those "lucky" people who are susceptible to heart problems?