• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU ace Purke out indefinitely with shoulder soreness

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: TCU ace Purke out indefinitely with shoulder soreness

COLLEGE STATION -- TCU left-hander Matt Purke is out indefinitely after soreness developed in his throwing shoulder Saturday at San Diego State.

TCU coach Jim Schlossnagle said Purke, who is eligible for the major-league draft in June, will have his shoulder examined by renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews in Pensacola, Fla., today.

"The best-case scenario is he's fine and maybe gets a shot if it's tendinitis or bursitis," Schlossnagle said.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Hate to see this but good for Purke for him to miss a start or two and get treatment he needs. I guess Mitchell moves up.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
When something hurts bad enough that you go visit Dr Andrews it's probably not realistic to think that it's just one or two starts. You don't go see Dr Andrews when you have dead arm, you do it when you have hurt arm. Just my opinion.
Wondered about that too. I have thought for several weeks he had something wrong. Hope it's a best-case scenario of course and he can get back on the mound ASAP.

Frogdaddy, any thoughts about the fact he shut it down after last season, then maybe came back and ramped it up too hard, too fast to try and get ready? Of course, an injury can happen any time, but have been wondering about that was well.