• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Speedos steal the spotlight: TCU swimmers stand out in Horned Frogs upset of West Virginia

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU%20Speedos

Speedos steal the spotlight: TCU swimmers stand out in Horned Frogs upset of West Virginia

BY PETER DAWSON
pdawson@star-telegram.com

If there’s a big game at Schollmaier Arena, there’s a good chance the banana hammocks are coming out.

When TCU faced-off against No. 6 West Virginia, it marked the first time the TCU basketball program had ever hosted ESPN’s Big Monday.

And because Jamie Dixon’s team desperately needed a win to revitalize its NCAA tournament chances, TCU’s marketing department knew that it needed to pull out all the stops to give the home team a visceral advantage.

In this case, though, more actually meant less, as in less clothing. Almost no clothing, really.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article196363634.html

HToady

If they really want to get attention perhaps they should put the Killerfrogs regulars in speedos up there....

Bob

I was just thinking that if those hammocks were stuffed with something bigger than a vienna sausage, the TV telecast might have to be rated R. No negative racial connotations were intended. It's not me that doesn't recruit black swimmers or baseball players. I'd love to see blacks dominate all our sports teams like football and basketball.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I was just thinking that if those hammocks were stuffed with something bigger than a vienna sausage, the TV telecast might have to be rated R. No negative racial connotations were intended. It's not me that doesn't recruit black swimmers or baseball players. I'd love to see blacks dominate all our sports teams like football and basketball.

giphy.gif