• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Patterson's preparation served Frogs well in Boise

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Patterson's preparation served Frogs well in Boise

By Gil LeBreton
glebreton@star-telegram.com

The man can sure coach.If you didn't know that about Gary Patterson after the Rose Bowl, or after last season's Utah game, or after the 11 games he's won at TCU against ranked teams, you should know now.

At Boise State on Sunday, they were blaming a missed 39-yard field goal for ending the Broncos' 35-game home winning streak.

But don't kid yourselves, Boise fans. Had redshirt freshman Dan Goodale made that winning kick, the ESPN shows would still be calling the victory a farce and replaying the fourth-down counterfeit pass interference call that gave Boise a final chance with 38 seconds to play. ...

OmniscienceFrog

Man am I glad we are not being forced to play the 'we beat you but were robbed' game today.

Yes, and I've gotta disagree with Gil a bit here. The call, had it cost us the game, would have been talked about Saturday night, and maybe briefly on Monday, but outside of the TCU fandom it would have been forgotten after that. We would still be 7-3 and unranked instead of 8-2 and #19, Boise St would still be unbeaten and in the top 5 or 6, and Boise St would be in the drivers seat for the conference championship instead of us.

None of this would be questioned or discussed around the country next weekend if it had happened.

Gunner

Toadally agree with that too.... Great article.

First time he wrote anything about college football, I agreed with. Of course, if he read KFC, he could have known about this 10 years ago, when I told everyone. :biggrin:

He may have wriiten something else good, but I don't read about his glorius SEC teams or his pro aricles.

Frog Brother

I remember the days, several years back, when Gil was a cliché machine. I am talking tired, overused "Go ahead, make my Fiesta Bowl" type clichés. But for the past few years I have become a fan of his. Not just because he is willing to give positive press to the Frogs, but because in this Parker County hick’s opinion he is a much better writer and I generally enjoy his work.

<raises a virtual toast to Gil>