• The KillerFrogs

FWST: One of TCU’s top running backs is entering the NCAA transfer portal

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
One of TCU’s top running backs is entering the NCAA transfer portal

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU football’s running back room is a little less crowded.

Sophomore Darwin Barlow announced that he is entering the NCAA transfer portal on Thursday afternoon. Barlow could have as many as four years of eligibility left as he redshirted in 2019 and the NCAA froze eligibility last fall amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I wish nothing but the best for Coach P, his staff, my teammates, and the entire Horn Frog nation,” Barlow wrote on Twitter. “You welcomed me wholeheartedly and I will be forever grateful."

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article251567873.html

Limp Lizard

Something going on there, since it seemed like the coaches really liked him. I really had other favorites, though. Maybe he was just slipping down the depth chart?

Good luck to him.

One Frog Nation

He could be getting 15 to 20 carries at many places with 4 or 5 RBs playing and the QB getting more rushing attempts than any RB it makes the non starters look elsewhere. A few years ago A&M had the top 3 QBs all transfer, inclduing K. Murray. When players split time they all become frustrated.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I know this will come out sounding bad, but I would rather have been able to keep Barlow than Demercado. Can't blame Barlow for wanting to get more carries and playing time. I wish him the best wherever he ends up.

asleep003

Darn. Kid is good

But still #3 on the depth chart ... Actually thought Foster, when they came in together, was every bit the RB as Barlow. We're very strong 4 deep, including Demercado, which still makes the Toads one of the strongest RB position teams in the country...

If I were Barlow ... would seriously consider SMU for various reasons.