• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Mom of TCU quarterback now the new girls basketball coach at White Settlement Brewer

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Mom of TCU quarterback now the new girls basketball coach at White Settlement Brewer

BY BRIAN GOSSET
bgosset@star-telegram.com

Andrea Robinson, the mother of TCU quarterback Shawn Robinson, has been hired as the next girls basketball coach at White Settlement Brewer, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Calls to White Settlement school district officials by The Star-Telegram have not been returned.

Andrea Robinson won UIL girls basketball state titles with Fort Worth Dunbar in 2005 and 2007, and most recently coached at DeSoto. She also held coaching stops at Saginaw Chisholm Trail, Denton Guyer and Cedar Hill.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article207834659.html

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Desoto sounds like daily chaos, because she's leaving a program with lots of talent to go coach one that historically does not.

Sebastian S

Coach's kid. That always seems to help.
Not trying to draw quick conclusions but the short time I have seen Robinson in interviews, he is genuinely a good kid. Almost an innocence in him.

Unless something corrupts him in TCU, he won't be a problem maker off the field like Boykin was *knocks on wood*

Same Ole Wiley

Do they really call it White Settlement Brewer? Back in the day I thought it was FW Brewer. The name White Settlement should be retired to the history books.

BABYFACE

Do they really call it White Settlement Brewer? Back in the day I thought it was FW Brewer. The name White Settlement should be retired to the history books.
It is because the city of White Settlement and White Settlement ISD still exists.

Not endorsing or disapproving of the name. Looked up how they got their name because I was curious . Appearantly, there were two settlements in the area. One by Indian/native American and the other of white settlers. The latter grew into a town then small city.

The TCU Football Jerk

Desoto sounds like daily chaos, because she's leaving a program with lots of talent to go coach one that historically does not.

Something's up there. They only had a couple of dozen applicants for the head football coaching job. Most programs of that caliber have hundreds.

And Robinson's mom followed the old DeSoto football coach to Brewer.

asleep003

Not trying to draw quick conclusions but the short time I have seen Robinson in interviews, he is genuinely a good kid. Almost an innocence in him.

Unless something corrupts him in TCU, he won't be a problem maker off the field like Boykin was *knocks on wood*

Don't be silly... Casey caused much more of a problem for us than TB. TB held the team together and was a real warrior for us until a couple of nights before the Alamo Bowl. Played injured and never complained about the lousy OL protection during both the 2012 and 2013 seasons. 5 years and no known off field issues until the very very end.

Last edited: