• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Everything TCU coach Sonny Dykes, Horned Frogs said after losing to Georgia

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Everything TCU coach Sonny Dykes, Horned Frogs said after losing to Georgia

BY DAVID AMMENHEUSER

FTW_AMM_Championship11

Everything TCU coach Sonny Dykes and selected Horned Frogs said after losing to Georgia on Monday at SoFi Stadium. All quotes courtesy of the CFP Media Relations team.

COACH DYKES: Well, tough one tonight. I think anybody that saw that could see that we certainly didn’t play our best. You’ve got to give Georgia a ton of credit. They did a tremendous job of getting their team ready to play.

Those guys came out and played exceptionally well. They’ve got a very good football team. Really talented. And the thing that, again, I was impressed about Georgia coming into the game is they played hard all the time and they played well, and really had a lot of pride in their performance in the way they played, and you could see it today.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/article270813807.html#storylink=cpy

bbell

Kind of disturbing to hear from Sonny that he thought the preparation for the championship was really good. He did mention that he sensed tension in the locker room just prior to the game. Maybe that was it. The moment became too big for this team and the critical mistakes just gave an already dialed in Georgia team that much more of an advantage. Really never saw a blowout like that coming to this team.

Eight

why disturbing?

if you have never been in that situation before how do you know what to expect? how do you know what is the appropriate level of preparation?

9 days before they were the better prepared team and it showed so if the only frame of reference is what you did against the #2 team in the country how do you know it isn't enough? how do you know how to deal with that level of scrutiny and tension?

have garrett ask his brother lincoln who never got that far himself?

bbell

why disturbing?

if you have never been in that situation before how do you know what to expect? how do you know what is the appropriate level of preparation?

9 days before they were the better prepared team and it showed so if the only frame of reference is what you did against the #2 team in the country how do you know it isn't enough? how do you know how to deal with that level of scrutiny and tension?

have garrett ask his brother lincoln who never got that far himself?
Disturbing from the standpoint that everything was apparently going well preparation wise leading up to the game and then it appeared to vanish at game time. As stated by Dykes, and witnessed by all of us, the team played uncharacteristic to what we have seen all season long. Something happened that caused the team to play way beneath their capabilities and as I stated in my original post I can only guess it was too big of a moment for these guys and no one handled the emotional/psychological aspect of this stage very well.

Eight

Disturbing from the standpoint that everything was apparently going well preparation wise leading up to the game and then it appeared to vanish at game time. As stated by Dykes, and witnessed by all of us, the team played uncharacteristic to what we have seen all season long. Something happened that caused the team to play way beneath their capabilities and as I stated in my original post I can only guess it was too big of a moment for these guys and no one handled the emotional/psychological aspect of this stage very well.

consider how the 4th quarter of the ohio st - michigan game played out this year

day continually talked about all the time, all the emphasis, all the energy that was put into winning that one game

things go sideways in the 4th and it spirals out of control why?

something changed in them and they couldn't recover

happens in sports

bbell

consider how the 4th quarter of the ohio st - michigan game played out this year

day continually talked about all the time, all the emphasis, all the energy that was put into winning that one game

things go sideways in the 4th and it spirals out of control why?

something changed in them and they couldn't recover

happens in sports
I hope the TCU staff is able to learn how this happens and be better prepared the next time. It can’t be a mystery in order to learn the lesson. Must draw as much momentum from this season as possible and keep it going. We lost some face in that title game.