• The KillerFrogs

Funky Town football jerseys this season?

Frogenstein

Well, he didn’t retire until after Patterson was at TCU so probably around 1/4 of his listeners are still above ground and not all are on life support - most but not all.

Froggish

Like I said, I’m all for an alternative uni that reps the area. As a guy who works in Sales and Marketing it clashes to much with the DFW vibes Sonny has been putting out. If the idea is to be DFWs team than building on that in a creative way makes more sense. It’s not succinct from a branding perspective to run around calling yourself DFWs B12 Team and then in another breath putting a Fort Worth nickname on your uni. Pick a branding direction that’s cohesive.

IMO you build on the Metroplex idea somehow or abandon the DFW thing altogether and just run at FunkyTown or FunkDubTX.

Pharm Frog

Like I said, I’m all for an alternative uni that reps the area. As a guy who works in Sales and Marketing it clashes to much with the DFW vibes Sonny has been putting out. If the idea is to be DFWs team than building on that in a creative way makes more sense. It’s not succinct from a branding perspective to run around calling yourself DFWs B12 Team and then in another breath putting a Fort Worth nickname on your uni. Pick a branding direction that’s cohesive.

IMO you build on the Metroplex idea somehow or abandon the DFW thing altogether and just run at FunkyTown or FunkDubTX.
I renamed an area where I worked as FWD. pissed off those who live and work east of 360. But I maintained that it was about constantly moving forward.

Good points, but the Cowboys, Mavericks and Stars are tagged with Dallas and I will guess everybody feels those teams represent the entire DFW Metroplex. Funkytown is part of the DFW metroplex like those teams are part. And maybe Funkytown, while being a part of DFW can also be marketed as a “home away from home” for recruits on the east side of the metroplex--come on over to the FunkyTown side of DFW, and get just a bit of distance.

Froggish

Good points, but the Cowboys, Mavericks and Stars are tagged with Dallas and I will guess everybody feels those teams represent the entire DFW Metroplex. Funkytown is part of the DFW metroplex like those teams are part. And maybe Funkytown, while being a part of DFW can also be marketed as a “home away from home” for recruits on the east side of the metroplex--come on over to the FunkyTown side of DFW, and get just a bit of distance.
In Marketing the purpose matters. The questions you ask matter greatly.

I think those pro teams you mentioned are quite different in that unlike TCU they aren’t branding for the purpose of trying to recruit. More specifically they aren’t trying to claim the area as their own to create a movement against others who are poaching their resources. The Philadelphia Eagles or OKC Thunder aren’t trying to build their franchises on the backs of DFW fans and resources. UT, A$M, Etc are absolutely trying to do that which hurts both TCU and SMUs ability to raise their athletics profile. This is a war of TCU against everyone else in the eyes of DFW recruits and sports fans. I said DFW not Fort Worth. Sonny has said DFW not Fort Worth. FunkyTown, Hells Half Acre, FunkDubTX, FunkWorth all have use and value but it doesn’t apply for what Sonny’s said he wants to accomplish.

So my question is are we trying to build a recruiting fence around DFW or are we trying to raise the profile of TCU? Those answer may share some crossover characteristics but the are very different endeavors. Thus they require two different marketing approaches.

Paint It Purple

Spot on in many ways. Mixed messaging does not work well

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
But, but they liked the ones we wore before?!?

Apparently letting the kids run the show results in wins.

Hey, coach Saban, let’s let the kids design some flashy new unis!
We don't have a classic uniform like Alabama. We've changed so many times over the years that we can't decide to be traditional now. The uniforms aren't the reason we've lost the last few years. It was the head coach