• The KillerFrogs

FS Southwest: TCU victory speaks loud and clear

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FS Southwest: TCU victory speaks loud and clear

College Football News

collegefootballnews.com

By Pete Fiutak

It’s OK, TCU. You can be in my national title.

It’s one thing to be a non-automatic qualifying team and get through a mediocre schedule. It’s another thing to obliterate everything in your path. ...

By Richard Cirminiello

Saturday was a great example why TCU is going to hear out the Big East’s overture to jump ship. The program just got done delivering one of the most impressive wins by any team all year, yet only a tiny fraction of the country caught it.

Are you convinced yet? You ought to be. The Horned Frogs are as complete a team as there is in America. Including Oregon. Including Auburn. For the vast majority of you who don’t subscribe to CBS College Sports, you missed an impresario from Gary Patterson’s team, a flawless performance on both sides of the ball. Not only did they hand Utah its first loss of the year, but they did so in supercharged Salt Lake City, where Utah hadn’t lost in 21 games … and by a 40-point margin. ...

By Matt Zemek

TCU’s team performance was phenomenal – that’s one big storyline to take away from this unexpected rout. Utah was horrible – that’s another undeniable part of the postgame assessment from Salt Lake City. Utah coach Kyle Whittingham’s shockingly timid approach to the final minutes of the first half also sent a powerful signal that the Utes just weren’t ready for prime time.

It’s also important to note that TCU didn’t have to play on a Thursday night, just five days after playing its previous game; that was the scenario witnessed in 2008, when Utah stole a 13-10 win from the Horned Frogs. TCU coach Gary Patterson said that this year would be different with regular rest for his team, and he was proven to be 100 percent correct. All of the aforementioned details form a very impressive and fairly thorough summary of Frogs-Utes. However, the main story has to be one and only one person: Andy Dalton. ...

HickoryFlameFrog

Oregon State's players and coaches were respectful, complimentary, and classy after losing
to TCU in a competitive game with a close score, not necessarily reflective of the statistics.

Baylor and SMU, on the whole, were not as respectful, complimentary, nor classy.

After reading these commentaries and having witnessed those games OSU, Baylor, and SMU
ought to be very glad that they were fortunate enough to have played this TCU team early.

Those three scored 21, 10, and 24 points or 55 total points. Anybody here think they come
close to those point totals at this point in the season.

This past weekend all three teams had an opportunity to show how good they have become
as the season has progressed. Oops. Curt. Fail.

FROGDADDY

Those three scored 21, 10, and 24 points or 55 total points. Anybody here think they come
close to those point totals at this point in the season.

This past weekend all three teams had an opportunity to show how good they have become
as the season has progressed. Oops. Curt. Fail.

We would beat SMU 60-3 if we played them Saturday. They've completely tanked, much to my surprise. The game may have passed June by.

FROGDADDY

Saturday was a great example why TCU is going to hear out the Big East’s overture to jump ship. The program just got done delivering one of the most impressive wins by any team all year, yet only a tiny fraction of the country caught it.

If we were in the BE what channel, and more importantly what day of the week, would that game have been on? One thing is certain, TCU is on TV as much as any team in America.

rM3panno

We would beat SMU 60-3 if we played them Saturday. They've completely tanked, much to my surprise. The game may have passed June by.

Funny story, one of my dad's good friends is an SMU guy and he invited my dad to go to the June Jones luncheon yesterday. They started talking about various games throughout the season and June said that they were in the TCUgame until the kickoff in the 3rd quarter was returned by Kerley to the SMU 13.

While watching that game was a bit concerning at first, I'm not sure there was much doubt that TCU was the superior team and would be able to overcome the INT's

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Apparently America is full of idiots who can only find ESPN.

And sportswriters who would never speak ill of ESPN, for they truly wish to work there one day.

What twaddle. It was free that weekend and on satellite, cable and everything else. Just another spitball...