• The KillerFrogs

Frogs vs. Hogs

4th. down

Dumb matchup. Arky doesn't deserve to be in a bowl.

Yes, it does appear that way on the surface but we all know this is a strange year and 3 of their losses were to top 10 teams and 3 other losses were by a combined 7 points. Yes, a lot of losses but I look for the game to be close. Anyway, we are in a decent bowl and I'm excited for us to have an opportunity to beat another SEC team.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Bring back the grey pajamas!
My vote...

1930s-sambaugh-1942-big-596px.jpg

Looking forward to it. Sam Carter has done a pretty good job as our DB coach this year, he has a bright future in coaching IMO. Will probably be weird for him.

We are 3-7 but we’ve lost 3 of those by a combined 7 points (the horrible officiating costing us the Auburn game made national headlines) so we could easily be 6-4 against probably the toughest schedule in college football. Considering some projected us to go 0-10 Pittman has done a hell of a job in his first year but we did lose 4 straight to end the season and show flashes of competitiveness mixed with looking like a Chad Morris team. Toward the end of the year some injuries and COVID exposed what little depth we have. We do play hard for this staff but are still lacking in talent in certain areas and have walk-ons and former walk-ons getting PT.

Had no idea he was coaching. Pretty strong career path so far. I wonder if Gary ever extended him an offer. If not, shame on him.

gohogs14

Dumb matchup. Arky doesn't deserve to be in a bowl.

I mean if you think about it, 3 SEC wins in a normal year/schedule usually equals 6-6 which is bowl eligible.

Record would look better if the SEC decided to give Arkansas Vanderbilt and South Carolina like some other teams got instead of being stuck with Florida and Georgia.

back_in_black

Moderators
I mean if you think about it, 3 SEC wins in a normal year/schedule usually equals 6-6 which is bowl eligible.

Record would look better if the SEC decided to give Arkansas Vanderbilt and South Carolina like some other teams got instead of being stuck with Florida and Georgia.

Yeah Arkansas definitely improved and competed well this year. I think it will be a close game. Will be interesting to see how they handle TCU’s rushing attack and how Duggan reacts when they stack the box.

FrogCoach84

Unless you have University of North Texas or SJSU on your non-con schedule.

CountryFrog

Yea it's real [ Finebaum ]ty having to actually play the teams in your conference.

I've always thought the SEC scheduling modeling was half the reason they had so many teams ranked lots of years. Almost everyone comes into conference play with 4 wins. Then there are always 4 teams that you don't play. So mathematically there are going to be several teams who get to 7 or 8 wins just because someone has to win all those games.

Then teams like Alabama and Georgia get to say they played 6 top 25 opponents.

Strat Frog

So ready for a Purple NYE and for our Frogs to hit these Hogs hard and mean. Would be a great way to end this weird season. Go Frogs!

Virginia Frog

Love it! Frogs v Hogs at the TX Bowl is about as good of a match up as we could have asked for here. Old SWC foes, geographic proximity, B12 & SEC, Houston on NYE etc. Go Frogs!
The last time the Frogs played on NYEve in Houston:

Astro Bluebonnet Bowl at the Astrodome

8-3 TCU vs. 8-3 WVU
L, 14-31

First TCU bowl in more than a decade and I wasn't gonna miss it!

I had to lie to my girlfriend at the time in order to stay home from the NYE bash her friends were giving. The game ran long and I had to haul arse to make it there by 12midnight Eastern Time. I was disappointed in the outcome but I'd do it again today. Lying to see your Frogs play is not a sin!

gohogs14

Unless you have University of North Texas or SJSU on your non-con schedule.

Chad Morris is gone, thankfully. The funny thing is Morris ruined Nick Starkel so bad he threw 5 INTs against San Jose State that year then he transferred to SJSU and is having a great season and they are undefeated. Go figure.

Yea it's real [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty having to actually play the teams in your conference.

I've always thought the SEC scheduling modeling was half the reason they had so many teams ranked lots of years. Almost everyone comes into conference play with 4 wins. Then there are always 4 teams that you don't play. So mathematically there are going to be several teams who get to 7 or 8 wins just because someone has to win all those games.

Then teams like Alabama and Georgia get to say they played 6 top 25 opponents.

With 14 teams instead of 10 like the Big 12 it’s just not feasible to play everyone. If most SEC teams have 4 OOC wins with the requirement to now be forced to play at least one P5 OOC game then in that scenario it sounds like the SEC teams are holding up pretty well against their other P5 counterparts, not just beating teams in their conference.

Froglaw

The last time the Frogs played on NYEve in Houston:

Astro Bluebonnet Bowl at the Astrodome

8-3 TCU vs. 8-3 WVU
L, 14-31

First TCU bowl in more than a decade and I wasn't gonna miss it!

I had to lie to my girlfriend at the time in order to stay home from the NYE bash her friends were giving. The game ran long and I had to haul arse to make it there by 12midnight Eastern Time. I was disappointed in the outcome but I'd do it again today. Lying to see your Frogs play is not a sin!

TCU took its opening drive down the field for a TD. Game tied 7-7.

Looked like a dog fight early.

Then WVU blew out Kenneth Davis' All American knee.

Without our main back for the veer offense, the ugliness was upon us.

We would have rolled over the Mountaineer defense with the veer, but without KD we were screwed.

Froglaw

Where the he!! Is the PM key now?

I'm trying to get ahold of LT32 for a suite ticket.

I found the start a conversation area, but I remember it being much simpler.