• The KillerFrogs

Frogs got some love at Jerry World

I took my dad to the Ranger game on Saturday and met up with some buddies who were tailgating. I wore a Ja Hamilton jersey but wore it open with a TCU CWS shirt underneath along with a purple cap. Several people walked by giving the Frogs sign and one guy came up and talked with me for a while. He said it was the first home game he missed since 2000 and several others shared similar stories. He also said he visits this place from time to time.

I had a ticket to the A&M game and by 2:15 I realized I probably wouldn't be able to sell it so I set out for Jerry World from Lot D. Heading to Jerry World and crossing Randol Mill several people yelled "Go Frogs" out there windows and a few cars stuck in traffic stopped to chat.

Driving by Jerry World around 1:00 I saw a TCU tailgate tent in a sea of Ag tents. Here's the pic.

P.S. I sold my ticket at 2:45 for $20. Better than nothing I guess.

ectofrog

I took my dad to the Ranger game on Saturday and met up with some buddies who were tailgating. I wore a Ja Hamilton jersey but wore it open with a TCU CWS shirt underneath along with a purple cap. Several people walked by giving the Frogs sign and one guy came up and talked with me for a while. He said it was the first home game he missed since 2000 and several others shared similar stories. He also said he visits this place from time to time.

I had a ticket to the A&M game and by 2:15 I realized I probably wouldn't be able to sell it so I set out for Jerry World from Lot D. Heading to Jerry World and crossing Randol Mill several people yelled "Go Frogs" out there windows and a few cars stuck in traffic stopped to chat.

Driving by Jerry World around 1:00 I saw a TCU tailgate tent in a sea of Ag tents. Here's the pic.

P.S. I sold my ticket at 2:45 for $20. Better than nothing I guess.

Always good to know who around here is actually part of the problem. Thanks for being a part of every game but ours Saturday...nice job!

cool story bro... i saw a bunch of those... at the actual TCU game

Sorry bro...I can't be as cool as all of you who went. I guess fighting through UC Davis, SFA, Tennessee Tech, and countless other blowouts over the years earned me no cred at all. I'm such a horrible fan. Maybe I won't renew my tickets next year b/c I'm not worthy. I only saw 2 TCU games at the CWS instead of all of them. I guess I shouldn't buy any baseball tickets either.

ectofrog

I guess fighting through UC Davis, SFA, Tennessee Tech, and countless other blowouts earned me no cred at all.

Some of us come to the game to watch the Frogs, not their opponents, and don't consider it a "fight" to watch us play football.

Maybe I won't renew my tickets next year b/c I'm not worth.

OOOOH SNAP (although it would've sounded like a more ominous threat if you'd put the "y" on the end of "worth")!!!

But maybe you're right.

joejordan

Sorry bro...I can't be as cool as all of you who went. I guess fighting through UC Davis, SFA, Tennessee Tech, and countless other blowouts over the years earned me no cred at all. I'm such a horrible fan. Maybe I won't renew my tickets next year b/c I'm not worthy. I only saw 2 TCU games at the CWS instead of all of them. I guess I shouldn't buy any baseball tickets either.
This is the thick skin board. We're big time now.

Some of us come to the game to watch the Frogs, not their opponents, and don't consider it a "fight" to watch us play football.

OOOOH SNAP (although it would've sounded like a more ominous threat if you'd put the "y" on the end of "worth")!!!

But maybe you're right.

The 'y' sticks on my keyboard at work. I went back and edited it within 30 seconds of posting it.

Sometimes it is a fight to watch the last quarter when 4th stringers are in and we're running fullback dives on every play.

angelo's frog

Always good to know who around here is actually part of the problem. Thanks for being a part of every game but ours Saturday...nice job!

I was part of the problem too. I went to my daughter's soccer game instead. However, if I had Rangers tickets, I might have skipped the soccer game and gone to the Rangers too.

Anyway, why you got to bust somebody's balls for going to the first Ranger playoff game in Arlington in a decade? The Rangers might not have another playoff game here for ten more years. TCU plays at ACS again this weekend and the next. Get over yourself.

[quote name='Daniel '02' timestamp='1286834060' post='659949']
Where were you sitting? I saw someone wearing the exact same thing in 337.
[/quote]

I was in 333 but I had some buddies in 337 and I was over there for an inning or two. Might have been me. Glad to know I'm not the only one who contributed to the problem.

This a TCU message board, not a DFW sports message board. Many of us are die-hard TCU fans and couldn't care less about the Rangers or how long it'd been since they were in the playoffs.

Also, the Rangers aren't hurting for fans and even if they were, it doesn't impact their ability to win championships if their stadium is half-empty. That's not the case for the Frogs.

I have a point. If you don't like it, that's fine, but you can get over yourself if you think there aren't a bunch of people on THIS message board who are going to feel the same way.

You are more than welcome to your opinion but that's no reason to get all high and mighty about the matter.

You're right. I just won't renew for next season. We won't be playing in Glendale because of me. Someone more deserving can have my seats.

FROGDADDY

This a TCU message board, not a DFW sports message board. Many of us are die-hard TCU fans and couldn't care less about the Rangers or how long it'd been since they were in the playoffs.

Also, the Rangers aren't hurting for fans and even if they were, it doesn't impact their ability to win championships if their stadium is half-empty. That's not the case for the Frogs.

I have a point. If you don't like it, that's fine, but you can get over yourself if you think there aren't a bunch of people on THIS message board who are going to feel the same way.

I don't feel even close to the same way about it as you do. Phormer gets what almost amounts to a once in a lifetime opportunity to take his dad a Rangers home playoff game and the best thing you can think to do is tell him he's part of the problem. Congratulations on being a colossal prick.

ectofrog

You are more than welcome to your opinion but that's no reason to get all high and mighty about the matter.

You're right. I just won't renew for next season. We won't be playing in Glendale because of me. Someone more deserving can have my seats.

If you're really willing to cancel your season tickets over what some guy you've never met on a message board says that got your panties all in a wad, then you really are a crappy fan. That was my original point. Thanks for proving it.

The original post was TCU-based. Cool story, IMO. And probably quite a few others' here, too. Just sayin' ...

Every TCU fan I encountered expressed frustration in not being able to attend the game. I had one guy tell me it was the first home game he's missed since '95. I guess he should just stop going too.

Not one person said "yeah, well, I don't got to many games anyways...and besides, it was Wyoming." Every single one I spoke to said they were a season ticket holder.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Sometimes it is a fight to watch the last quarter when 4th stringers are in and we're running fullback dives on every play.

I love watching our future players get on the field and have a chance to develop. Even when we were getting our heads handed to us, I have never found it a struggle to go to a TCU game (well, once I did and I paid for it. Missed one of the biggest TCU home wins of my lifetime.)

You only care when the starters are in?

BTW, we were commenting Saturday about the future of our OL. Looks pretty darned good to me.

puckster59

Every TCU fan I encountered expressed frustration in not being able to attend the game. I had one guy tell me it was the first home game he's missed since '95. I guess he should just stop going too.

Not one person said "yeah, well, I don't got to many games anyways...and besides, it was Wyoming." Every single one I spoke to said they were a season ticket holder.

The point to me is how positively the TCU brand is being viewed across North Texas now. Hell, I see checkers at my grocery store in Arlington wearing TCU shirts.

Latest posts