• The KillerFrogs

Frogs being panned on several sites over the fake FG attempt

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU Just Ran 'Worst' Fake Field Goal Attempt In College Football History

www.msn.com.ico
The Spun on MSN.com|17 hours ago
TCU has a comfortable lead over in-state rival SMU on Saturday. The Horned Frogs appear to be well on their way to a third straight victory to open the season, but their performance on Saturday has certainly not been flawless.

TCU Attempts Fake Field Goal And Fail Miserably In Hilarious Fashion

www.msn.com.ico
BroBible on MSN.com|17 hours ago
TCU tried catch SMU off guard while in the red zone but ended failing miserably on national television. In the 4th quarter, TCU attempted a fake field goal on 4th down but having the holder run the ball.

Video: TCU flubbed disastrous fake field goal attempt against SMU

larrybrownsports.com.ico
Larry Brown Sports|17 hours ago
The TCU Horned Frogs attempted a fake field goal that will not go on the end-of-season highlight reel. Up 27-10 against SMU, TCU set up for a 25-yard

Watch: TCU flubbed disastrous fake field goal attempt against SMU

www.msn.com.ico
Yardbarker on MSN.com|17 hours ago
The TCU Horned Frogs attempted a fake field goal that will not go on the end-of-season highlight reel. Up 27-10 against SMU, TCU set up for a 25-yard field goal but opted to run a fake instead. Unfortunately for them, the play was dead almost immediately.

tcudoc

They said that the play was dead because his knee was on the ground when he caught the ball. So, almost every holder has their knee on the ground when they receive the snap and set the ball for the kick. How come the play can proceed if it’s being kicked but the ball is dead if you want to try a fake and run or pass the ball? Is that always the case and does the holder always have to pick up their knee prior to receiving the snap? If that’s true, it seems like that would be too big of a “tell” for the defense. It seems like I’ve seen fakes where they received it as normal then stood up to continue the play. Maybe I’m imagining that.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
They said that the play was dead because his knee was on the ground when he caught the ball. So, almost every holder has their knee on the ground when they receive the snap and set the ball for the kick. How come the play can proceed if it’s being kicked but the ball is dead if you want to try a fake and run or pass the ball? Is that always the case and does the holder always have to pick up their knee prior to receiving the snap? If that’s true, it seems like that would be too big of a “tell” for the defense. It seems like I’ve seen fakes where they received it as normal then stood up to continue the play. Maybe I’m imagining that.
I haven't seen the replay but I believe he slipped trying to get up and his knee hit the ground.

Horny4TCU

Just like the safety, it happened right in front of me. As you described, his knee hit a second time. He slipped getting up.

But hey, at least we didn't lose to a sun belt team. How is a missed fake field goal worse than some of these other teams losing to FCS schools?