• The KillerFrogs

Friday weather for Game 1 - HIGH 96°, Saturday weather HIGH 94°

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Even their Caribbean players won't be ready for this.

giphy.gif

Double D

Tier 1
Gonna be hotter than originally expected this weekend.

Friday
Sunny, with a high near 97. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon.

Saturday
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 7am. Some of the storms could be severe. Partly sunny, with a high near 98. South wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Sunday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 100. West southwest wind around 10 mph.

Limp Lizard

Heat index about 100 on Saturday. That is what gets them from up there. Lived up there for 3.5 long years. Never could convince Hoosiers that DFW is not in the desert and that it is NOT a dry heat.

Also could not convince them that chili was originally just with beans and the meat was a later addition.

froginmn

The heat is very overrated as an advantage if the opposition is prepared (they will be). Having lived in Texas, I was coaching baseball on a 100 degree day in Minnesota. I told my team of 11 year olds, when you're sitting down, you're drinking water.

About four innings in, the one kid who didn't listen basically collapsed in the field. Then the opposing players started to fade. My other eleven were just fine.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Yeah, plus -- it's freaking baseball. It's not like it's a real athletic endeavor.

You people are such candy asses. Rio Grande Village, TX will be 107 Sunday and the high won't be less than that for two weeks, with many highs 110 and above. Throw in the sun (add 15 degrees) and those people are roasting!

FrogsMcGee

We had a very mild spring so I have no reason to believe we will be any more acclimated to the heat than them.

Not sure I heard, was Tre’s late removal from the last game cramping or something worse? Hope he’s good and all are hydrated.

James Penny

Yeah, plus -- it's freaking baseball. It's not like it's a real athletic endeavor.

You people are such candy asses. Rio Grande Village, TX will be 107 Sunday and the high won't be less than that for two weeks, with many highs 110 and above. Throw in the sun (add 15 degrees) and those people are roasting!
Seems like a weird place to compare the weather to.

But... My boys and I were at Big Bend and Terlingua, TX a few days ago. Beautiful down there.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Seems like a weird place to compare the weather to.

But... My boys and I were at Big Bend and Terlingua, TX a few days ago. Beautiful down there.
Ya, Steel has been to big bend (np and sp) over 100 times over the years. Climbed nearly all the mountains that are climbable, a few still to go.

Point being it’s still a place in Texas that is actually hot. Fort Worth is not hot.

Athletes like warmer weather. Cuts down on injuries, easy warm ups, body stays warm etc. Fat couch potatoes do not like heat.

That is all.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
The heat is very overrated as an advantage if the opposition is prepared (they will be). Having lived in Texas, I was coaching baseball on a 100 degree day in Minnesota. I told my team of 11 year olds, when you're sitting down, you're drinking water.

About four innings in, the one kid who didn't listen basically collapsed in the field. Then the opposing players started to fade. My other eleven were just fine.
Found Tom Herman's burner account.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Here’s a testament to the Big Bend heat (Dog Canyon is a very mild, flat, relatively short hike) — this was just posted on Friends of BB fb page:

“Hello everyone,
I just want to say thank you to whoever found and turned in my friends phone in Dog Canyon. It means a lot to me and his family. He suffered a heat stroke last week as our group made our way back to the entrance and unfortunately didn’t make it and passed the next morning. It was lost during ordeal when paramedics arrived but we are thankful to have it back. Please stay safe out there. ❤️

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

You have to start hydrating a couple of days out at least. I am sure our guys are being cared for.

Eight

Here’s a testament to the Big Bend heat (Dog Canyon is a very mild, flat, relatively short hike) — this was just posted on Friends of BB fb page:

“Hello everyone,
I just want to say thank you to whoever found and turned in my friends phone in Dog Canyon. It means a lot to me and his family. He suffered a heat stroke last week as our group made our way back to the entrance and unfortunately didn’t make it and passed the next morning. It was lost during ordeal when paramedics arrived but we are thankful to have it back. Please stay safe out there. ❤️

thank you steel for sharing this uplifting story and once again doing your best to piss down the leg of anything involving tcu

steelfrog

Tier 1
thank you steel for sharing this uplifting story and once again doing your best to piss down the leg of anything involving tcu
Far from it - Steel is pissing, as you so delicately put it, down the legs of the people trying to discourage fans from coming out because of entirely seasonal temperatures.

Bob Sugar

Who’s playing in the Super Regional there?

Armadillo

Pinpoint forecast for Lupton Stadium

Awesome Double D! I’m here! First time I’ve been back on campus since the wife got sick 2 years ago. I appreciate you offering me you club seats and suite! Wait, wrong sport.

I could only escape the people’s republic of austin for this one game. Just checked in (this TCU Hyatt is nice) and about to walk that way.

Does anyone have a nice IPA cold one I could bum off them?

in all seriousness, I really miss coming up here for sporting events. Even for just one game, I’m thrilled to be up here.