• The KillerFrogs

Frank Windegger passed away this afternoon.

Frog DJ

Windegger was always, ALWAYS so accommodating to a clueless young RTF student who deeply LOVED doing play-by-play for Frog Baseball games on KTCU.

Never ONCE did he turn down an interview - no matter how busy he was or how frustrated he was after a tough loss. As others have said: he was completely dedicated to TCU.

Go Frogs!

PurpleBlood87

Windegger was always, ALWAYS so accommodating to a clueless young RTF student who deeply LOVED doing play-by-play for Frog Baseball games on KTCU.

Never ONCE did he turn down an interview - no matter how busy he was or how frustrated he was after a tough loss. As others have said: he was completely dedicated to TCU.

Go Frogs!
When did you do baseball play by play?

Tom T.

I was a student assistant in Sports Information dept. from ‘78 to’82 then worked fball and bball stats for several years after. Much smaller team back then and we saw him regularly. We all still called him coach. He always called me Tommy. No one but my mom ever called me that. I moved away and then saw him 20 years later. Instantly, He smiled and said great to see you Tommy. I still makes me smile. What a great ambassador for TCU!

Limp Lizard

For "newcomers" to this forum (i.e. those who started this century) Wes' early name on this forum was Tired of Frank. Then later, Tired. Frank was a great ambassador for the school, and was an excellent baseball coach, with his teams playing on what has to be one of the strangest fields in college baseball. He just was not a good AD for a school that was so unwilling to spend money on facilities.

Hyman was a great administrator/bureaucrat who got the department organized and disciplined, but was not a good overall AD. Not a people person at all. Frank might have thrived if he had a predecessor like Hyman and the University had been as supportive as they became in the mid-1990's.

The only really bad decision was Frank's hiring of Sullivan based on a speech he gave. I kept waiting for a hint of a good speaker '92-'97. Never even close. I was at the reception for the new coach (Sullivan) at Ridglea CC and was very underwhelmed.

I wish all the coaches and administration loved the Frogs as much as Frank. RIP, coach.