• The KillerFrogs

Fox Business: ‘Cavinder Twins’ reveal how social media shaped their future after gaining $1.7M in NIL: ‘It's a 40 year plan’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

‘Cavinder Twins’ reveal how social media shaped their future after gaining $1.7M in NIL: ‘It's a 40 year plan’​

Story by Kayla Bailey

BB1k2z54.img

The college athlete pay debate is hitting Capitol Hill.

NCAA basketball players and social media influencers Haley and Hanna Cavinder recently attended Sen. Ted Cruz's round-table in defense of athletes' rights to profit off of ther name, image, and likeness.

Haley Cavinder argued that they have benefited "tremendously" from social media, which has earned them nearly $2M from NIL and brand deals.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...g-1-7m-in-nil-it-s-a-40-year-plan/ar-BB1k2z7I

4 Oaks Frog

I don't. Tremendous exposure for the school, and nice to look at, too.

Times are a changing...

Y'all want to get better recruits... Well, those with social media presence and athletic chops are who the next generation of recruits see and listen to. That she chose here is a good thing.
That old “times are changing” argument. Times have always been changing, dumb ass. No one knows that better than someone who can remember a time before the internet.
My concern is can the girl can improve our team, not just our social media presence. Can she hit a 3? Can she dish the ball off to someone open under the basket? Can she shoot a free throw?
If her coo! TicTok videos can bring a better quality of recruit is still to be proven.
BTW…Times are changing. Your GenX handle is getting a bit stale…

Toad Jones

How about Dan Valentine, coach UConn- mens. He lost FOUR starters to the NBA and he's back again this year with another potential National Champion. He's as old school as they come in this modern society of NIL etc where you have to stop and think about hurting some kid's feelings with your comments to the players. Meaning he'll cuss you out to your face, argue with ref's and so forth. Basically doesn't take crap off anybody. Somehow he's adapted to this new system somehow and still does nothing but win, win, win.

Boy, there's a paragraph or two waiting to be written

GenXFrog

That old “times are changing” argument. Times have always been changing, dumb ass. No one knows that better than someone who can remember a time before the internet.
My concern is can the girl can improve our team, not just our social media presence. Can she hit a 3? Can she dish the ball off to someone open under the basket? Can she shoot a free throw?
If her coo! TicTok videos can bring a better quality of recruit is still to be proven.

Do some research before you attack and ask questions that reveal you have no clue what you are spewing about.

Last edited:

hometown frog

Well did you check any stats to see if she can do any of those things you say are your concern? Or just question her social media activities?

if you haven’t, you’ll note that she was all ACC at Miami her last year and shot about 40% from beyond the arc while leading the team in scoring and second in several other categories. She also has some hellacious stats from her days over in Fresno St too. So yeah, she can ball out and should be a huge add to the club if the time off hasn’t caused any unexpected problems.

4 Oaks Frog

Well did you check any stats to see if she can do any of those things you say are your concern? Or just question her social media activities?

if you haven’t, you’ll note that she was all ACC at Miami her last year and shot about 40% from beyond the arc while leading the team in scoring and second in several other categories. She also has some hellacious stats from her days over in Fresno St too. So yeah, she can ball out and should be a huge add to the club if the time off hasn’t caused any unexpected problems.
Perfect! She can play and contribute. That’s a reason to want her on the team. Still can’t give two [ Finebaum ]s about her social media presence…

GenXFrog

Now there is an argument about which you have spewed no substance.

I won't argue that I did not offer to educate, as the discussion bypassed facts and went straight to juvenile name calling.

To rectify that...

Her stat line is great (see link) and Coach Campbell wanted here here enough to offer up a spot. Is that not enough for us to be glad she's coming?

Thanks.

Last edited:

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I won't argue that I did not offer to educate, as the discussion bypassed facts and went straight to juvenile name calling.

To rectify that...

Her stat line is great (see link) and Coach Cavender wanted here here enough to offer up a spot. Is that not enough for us to be glad she's coming?

Thanks.

Coach Cavender??? Here here???

Pssst...The TCU women's basketball team Coach is Mark Campbell.

Not exactly the best way to "rectify".

Endless Purple

I am impressed. This is what NIL is supposed to be about. Earning money based on your image, whether sports specific or not, that had been banned in the past.

NIL is not supposed to be about giving someone money just because they signed with a school or to get them to sign with a school and not do anything else.