• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth Regional discussion

4TCU

Hunch is that you've never had to prep a baseball field. If the descriptions I've read here are even close to being accurate, I'm impressed with a 2.5 hour turn-around.
Been a long time so more to it than I know plus I thought extra crew might help

frognutz

CDC tweeted that its 11pm yesterday

You're right, but sounds like rule has wiggle room.

"As a general guideline, no game should start later than 11 p.m. (local time). In addition, a game shall not start on a Sunday before noon (local time). "

I'd be shocked if game 1 starts on time and is not delayed that they wouldn't find a way to get both in.

TCUdirtbag

It says it would be up to the committee. I'd think we would advance as the national seed, but we've been screwed by committees before. Could easily see the committee advance UVA because Baker is out, and they didn't know that when seeding the teams.

I've read this like 4 times and just can't get over how stupid it is.

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

Just judging by radar it looks like we are not done with rain for today.

This. I'm not sure if there will be baseball played today, and I'll be real surprised if TCU takes the field. The field is in bad shape. More rain in the next couple hours will delay things again.

Bizarro Frog

Instead of looking at outdated softball rules, I found the actual rules:

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016-17DIMBA_PreChampManual_20170308.pdf
Section 2.1 Championship Format, Regional Format.
"If, for unforeseen circumstances, it becomes impossible to play a regional tournament game(s), the NCAA Division I Baseball Committee is authorized to determine which team in a respective regional shall advance to the super regionals. The inclement weather guidelines for regional competition are listed in the preliminary-rounds host operations manual."

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017DIMBA_PreRdHostOpsManual_20170524.pdf
Section 2 provides the same as above with regard to format (page 7).
Inclement Weather info on Pages 23-25. They are "guidelines" only

Here are relevant guidelines:
1. If Games 1 and 2 on Friday are both cancelled . . . play Games 1 and 2 on Saturday, play Games 3, 4 and 5 on Sunday and Games 6 and 7 (if necessary) on Monday. (0 – 2 – 3 – 2)
14. If both games are cancelled on Friday and both games are cancelled on Saturday . . . play Games 1 and 2 on Sunday, Games 3, 4 and 5 on Monday and Games 6 and 7 (if necessary) on Tuesday. (0 – 0 – 2 – 3 – 2)

This rule may also come into play:
"All regional competition should ideally be completed not later than the Monday before the start of super regional competition."

If they don't finish any today and can't get 2 in Sunday, we may see them call the whole thing off Sunday night because what good does 2 games do for you on Monday?

The bottom line is discretion is left to the NCAA Division 1 Baseball Committee. Hopefully the rain stops and we get 2 in today.

This is great. I could not find these anywhere. I am just glad Ohio St is not in our Region.

Go Frogs!!!!!