• The KillerFrogs

football scheduling poll

Does playing another Sun Belt or MAC conference football school instead of an FCS school add value/b

• Total voters

phony pony

Hope this football poll works, but I'm asking if you'd rather see us play a MAC or Sun Belt conf school vs an FCS opponent or if you're indifferent.

Army Frog Fan

Woul I rather see us play a MAC school? Yes.

Would that change make a difference in how I value season tickets? No. The game should be a blowout either way.

West Coast Johnny

How many scholarships are 2-a teams allowed? Although they occassionally beat 1A teams, it is more like an exibition than a real game. At least with a sunbelt school, you get a team that has the same number of scholarship players as TCU does.

joejordan

Sometimes the way to get ridiculous rules changed is to play by them. If they don't change, then the upside is a W.

I would prefer that FBS schools can ONLY schedule other FBS schools.

halfwaytoheaven

My problem is that we shouldn't have been playing a Sunbelt school in the first place. I understand that we have some special scheduling problems this year, but this had better not become a regular practice. Our schedule should consist of conference games, SMU, and home-and-homes with quality BCS programs or maybe the academies. I despise bodybag games. If Patterson really insists on one FCS team a year, I guess I'll have to live with it. Maybe it won't be a problem as much if the Big East goes to a nine-game schedule.

halfwaytoheaven

Sometimes the way to get ridiculous rules changed is to play by them. If they don't change, then the upside is a W.

I wouldn't go quite that far - I would just say that you shouldn't bring a team into your stadium if you aren't willing to make the return trip. Some of those FCS schools are looking to move up, and they should at least be allowed to schedule some lower-tier FBS teams.

AEAfrog

Scheduling FBS schools is the only way some FCS schools can support their athletic department. Not saying that's a reason to permit the practice, but there are benifits to allowing it to continue.

joejordan

I wouldn't go quite that far - I would just say that you shouldn't bring a team into your stadium if you aren't willing to make the return trip. Some of those FCS schools are looking to move up, and they should at least be allowed to schedule some lower-tier FBS teams.
Just what we need, more dirt at the bottom.

froginaustin

Just what we need, more dirt at the bottom.
An awful lot of players want to play college football, and the population numbers are still growing.

If the "dirt" will fund competition at whatever level they try for, I wouldn't be in favor of artificial barriers for them-- they have enough real barriers as it is.

But as a fan I would rather see TCU games against teams that are closer to our competitive level than (for example) Stephen F. Austin was, their last trip to Fort Worth.

Texas Otto

My problem is that we shouldn't have been playing a Sunbelt school in the first place. I understand that we have some special scheduling problems this year, but this had better not become a regular practice. Our schedule should consist of conference games, SMU, and home-and-homes with quality BCS programs or maybe the academies. I despise bodybag games. If Patterson really insists on one FCS team a year, I guess I'll have to live with it. Maybe it won't be a problem as much if the Big East goes to a nine-game schedule.

Even if the Big East stands pat at nine with an 8 game conference schedule you Frogs won't have this type of scheduling problem again. Let's face it the Frogs got jobbed first by Tech and then by the MWC making your home schedule a nightmare this year!

ross

KMA
FCS games serve a purpose for the coaches. they allow young players to get game time experience, they give an opportunity to heal injured players, and they provide what amounts to a full speed scrimage to get players better.

Finally, we play FCS games because coach P wants those games on the schedule.

froginaustin

As for SOS, if we play a FCS school isn't that game ignored?

But if we play a truly bottom-of-the-barrel D1-A school (SMU not too long ago) we get dinged on SOS?

Gunner

How many scholarships are 2-a teams allowed? Although they occassionally beat 1A teams, it is more like an exibition than a real game. At least with a sunbelt school, you get a team that has the same number of scholarship players as TCU does.

If you are to play in Div I then why shouldn't you schedule Div I teams. If you want to "girl" up, then get in Div IAA.