• The KillerFrogs

Flu shots for the CFP team?

Does anyone know if they have distributed flu shots for the team—a flu shot day? It would be a shame if after getting healthy and rested for Big Blue at the Fiesta Bowl, to then have a bout of flu take the team down. Christmas travel, parties, friend and family gatherings, and then the team reconvening may put the team at more risk.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Mario Lopez Football GIF

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I get a flu shot every year. Have for 30 years. I had a job where I couldn't be down for a week with a bad case of flu, plus I just don't like it.

As for others, like me, as long as it is a choice and not an institutional or government mandate.

Brog

I get a flu shot every year. Have for 30 years. I had a job where I couldn't be down for a week with a bad case of flu, plus I just don't like it.

As for others, like me, as long as it is a choice and not an institutional or government mandate.
And you will stop at that stop light as long as it's a choice, and not a government mandate. Helps the rest of us. Thank you.

froginmn

OK let's take this in a different direction before it goes to the pit. Are there still COVID restrictions in place (testing, etc.)? And what are the protocols if someone does test positive?

I'll be really ticked if I spend all this money and effort to go and the game gets cancelled...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I'll be really ticked if I spend all this money and effort to go and the game gets cancelled...
That is not going to happen.

Hopefully our guys take care of themselves.

I recently had COVID with flu-like symptoms so I am current on the current CDC protocols, which change as the variants evolve.

froginmn

That is not going to happen.

Hopefully our guys take care of themselves.

I recently had COVID with flu-like symptoms so I am current on the current CDC protocols, which change as the variants evolve.
What's the current quarantine requirement after infection vs. exposure? None if exposure; five days post infection?

Maybe we should arrange a chicken pox party for the team?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
What's the current quarantine requirement after infection vs. exposure? None if exposure; five days post infection?

Maybe we should arrange a chicken pox party for the team?
If you test positive five days of quarantine and get re-tested on day 5, don't return to work until 24 hours of no fever without medication. Recommend masks for up to 10 days after exposure/positive test especially if you will be around people with higher risks of infection.

The one issue is you can continue to test positive for weeks even though you have no symptoms and really are not contagious. Bits of the virus can remain and be detected. Some businesses require a negative test before returning, so good luck with that.

I stayed out of work for a week. I was re-tested several times. CVS got snarky with me because I went three straight days for testing and then BCBCS Texas declined to pay for the rapid test. BCBS did pay for providing me with four home test kits. Two days later I had a negative test.

I was fluish sick the first 2-3 days. I am thinking whatever you get -- flu, RSV, cold -- all comes with a little bonus COVID.

BleedNPurple

The only time I had the flu was when I had a flu shot as a kid. I know they don’t use live strain anymore but in my case I don’t take the shot and I don’t get the flu. I was lucky with covid - just headache, no fever, slight cough for 2 days but tested positive even though I felt good. Quarantined until negative result - took a few days to get there. Ivermectin was not created for horses- neither were Z packs.

Planks

Does anyone know if they have distributed flu shots for the team—a flu shot day? It would be a shame if after getting healthy and rested for Big Blue at the Fiesta Bowl, to then have a bout of flu take the team down. Christmas travel, parties, friend and family gatherings, and then the team reconvening may put the team at more risk.

To answer your question, I’m guessing the answer is yes for every program across the country.

These programs are super detail oriented into every single aspect and every single minute of these athletes lives. They know all of the details of their medical histories.

Watching Carter boys, the first episode the first thing Andrew Coker does upon entering the facility is take his pre-assigned pills (I’m guessing just multivitamins). If TCU isn’t taking any chances on players missing out on their daily multivitamins, then I’m guessing TCU isn’t taking any chances on players missing a flu shot.

LisaLT

I have heard Covid is on the rise again in LA, but not at the levels that it had been previously. I think boosting your immune system before traveling is a good idea. Take a supplement with Zinc, vitamin C, D3, B and other herbs that provide some level immune support. Stay away from sick people and use good hygiene. That is all you can really do anyhow.

SwissArmyFrog

The last time I had anything even resembling the flu was 1992. Since the flu shot is well-known for sometimes causing the flu, I have no intention of ever getting a flu shot.

Each person (player) should have the absolute right to make this kind of the decision for themselves without penalty, of course.

Interesting choice - try to avoid getting flu in everyday life during the run-up to the game vs. getting a shot that may actually cause a teammate or 2 to get flu.