• The KillerFrogs

Florence

Mean Purple

I don't remember hearing a similar six-day-out doom and gloom report on a hurricane like this in forever. Maybe even the 90s. I think even Katrina wasn't frightening people until 3-4 days out if I remember correctly.
Yeah, that thing went to a 4 yesterday. Harvey was not posted to be as huge, but a system just kept it on location for so long.

Mean Purple

I really hope that this storm somehow dies down.

Football, work, plans for the weekend, etc. seem pretty dadgum trivial when you consider that folks are stressed out about what is about to come their way.

Ron Swanson

depends who you are talking to on the storm.

have friends who work for hpd and hfd and anyone in city and county government knew harvey was going to be a freaking [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] show.

neither turner nor eckles had the balls to order and evacuation because they really hadn't put anything in place since the last hurricane

sjra knew they needed to let water out of lake conroe ahead of time to reduce risk of flooding, but they wouldn't because the outside chance the rain wasn't going to happen and that would mean money because conroe is water source

addickes and barker weren't opened ahead of time because of pressure not to fill bayous and creeks downstream because they knew about the amount of rain

i.e. politics as usual. it sounds like in n.c. they are doing the right thing and giving people notice
Were you around for the evacuation during Hurricane Rita? It was a disaster

I don’t think an evacuation of the city of Houston for Harvey would’ve been a good idea at all.

For all the flooding, there were very few deaths and I thought it was handled very well. And even if they had done some sort of evacuation, millions would’ve stayed and some deaths would’ve occurred anyway

I don’t know enough about the Lake Conroe or the Addicks and Barker situations to comment.

Eight

Were you around for the evacuation during Hurricane Rita? It was a disaster

I don’t think an evacuation of the city of Houston for Harvey would’ve been a good idea at all.

For all the flooding, there were very few deaths and I thought it was handled very well. And even if they had done some sort of evacuation, millions would’ve stayed and some deaths would’ve occurred anyway

I don’t know enough about the Lake Conroe or the Addicks and Barker situations to comment.

i was and there are certain things that i agree would not have been possible. you can't build enough roads to move that many people in that short a period of time.

big part of the problem were people were freaking stupid trying to take everything with them .

the issue this time was the city and county damn well knew they had a large population of people who had no means of getting themselves out of the trouble spot and i will assure you they damn well knew the rain was coming and that they had people who were going to be in trouble.

the county doesn't have the rescue equipment to cover the amount of space it has to cover and the city was ill prepared which should come as no surprise with turner in charge.

Bob

Don't know if I would evacuate, but you know it is still fishing season for silvers and rainbow in Alaska - halibut too but that is too hard of work for me.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I just read a news report where there are people on the barrier islands, who have opportunities to leave, that are staying. My God why would you do that? Those whole islands could be underwater.

Eight

I just read a news report where there are people on the barrier islands, who have opportunities to leave, that are staying. My God why would you do that? Those whole islands could be underwater.

my wife is from washington state and she and her family would talk about harry r truman.

harry lived near mt. saint helen and would not evacuate even though they knew the volcano was near erupting.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/one-man-refused-to-leave/

harry is now part of the geological formation

NavySupplyFrog

So virginia is doing great. Had friends evacuate to western North Carolina and they are getting rained on. Prayers for everyone on the coast that could not or would not evacuate.

Latest posts