• The KillerFrogs

Flights to Phoenix

tcufrogprince1

Ummm...You can also go visit one of your local family members and fly out from a different city in Texas. Im going out of Hobby on a direct flight, and it was super cheap on southwest. We just used points. Not sure why yall are only thinking of where to fly into when you can also change where you fly out of. That way you dont have to pay more for a rental car, etc. Some dont allow over state lines so there is that too.

ticketfrog123

Ummm...You can also go visit one of your local family members and fly out from a different city in Texas. Im going out of Hobby on a direct flight, and it was super cheap on southwest. We just used points. Not sure why yall are only thinking of where to fly into when you can also change where you fly out of. That way you dont have to pay more for a rental car, etc. Some dont allow over state lines so there is that too.

are you going with your wife or your wife's boyfriend?

the big rental cars allow for returning cars out of state or one-way drives

JogginFrog

Not many tix left but still possible to book DAL-COS and COS-PHX (separate bookings) for <$500. That's not exactly "hidden city," so I assume it's not forbidden--just trouble if the first leg is delayed/cancelled. Experienced travelers can clarify.

NewFrogFan

They have. Apparently it is extremely unlikely due to equipment and staffing issues.
In the Rose Bowl days AA did not seem to pay much attention to “events”. TCU chartered several planes on their on but I personally called the then, #2 pilot (not seniority wise) that has always lived around the corner and he got an extra flight added out/back. It sold out in minutes w TCU fans.

These days, there is already MUCH more frequency to PHX as it is an AA hub as DFW is. I doubt if they could find a working aircraft and if they could, there are no pilots especially at the end of the month, and the end of DEC. Then if they could find planes/pilots, the gates in PHX were probably schedule maxed out months ago.

Paul in uhh

Oh man. I scheissed up so badly.

I had a flight on hold to phoneix with american airlines through my wife's account for $575 each. I paid $30 for a 7 day hold.

I also put an American flight on hold through my account on Advantage miles to Atlanta. I've done this countless times before without issue. I just always make sure not to include our Advantage numbers on both accounts for the flights on hold so that they don't get flagged as a double booking.

Unfortunately this time the flights did get flagged, and American cancelled my flight to Phoenix without notifying me at all. The flight was cancelled on the 29th, and if AA had at least sent me an email when that happened, I could have possibly rectified it.

But I didn't find out until just now when I went in to pay for my flight. I called customer service. They would not honor my previous fair and were telling me I was going to have to pay $2,800 per person now... and then said never mind, all flights on your day are now sold out.

I am absolutely sick to my stomach.
I bought a flight on SW yesterday for like $450 round trip