• The KillerFrogs

Fire Sonny Dykes

Horny4TCU

Same poop different diaper at this point... GP and Sonny.

They both seem to have a lack of responsibility for what the team is doing. No ownership of the offense in GPs case, no ownership of the defense or play calling for Sonny.

Texas St. HC might be a good place to start looking.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
For Real Wtf GIF by SuperVictor

Wexahu

Same poop different diaper at this point... GP and Sonny.

They both seem to have a lack of responsibility for what the team is doing. No ownership of the offense in GPs case, no ownership of the defense or play calling for Sonny.

Texas St. HC might be a good place to start looking.
If we fire Dykes after this year there isn’t a single coach worth his salt who would want to come here barring some stupid contract offer. Unless we go like 2-10 or something.

National COY last year. Best season for program since the 1930’s. Literally two games removed from arguably the best moment in program history. You can’t be serious.

You need to relax. Take a pill or something.

Frogco2015

If he keeps losing in embarrassing fashion there are plenty of better options out there like Coach O and Dan Mullen. It’s even worse that we could have had Coach Prime.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
If he doesn’t get the defense fixed one way or another it is going to bite him in the arse. The last three losses can all point to the defense. We were able to outscore Michigan.

But while we point to the last four games let us not forget he is 13-3 with a CFP win. He has room and time. No program is firing that coach after the first game of the season.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
He’s lost 3 of the last 4 games. That’s enough to get fired by other programs. One was a blowout and others like K State and Colorado had terrible play calling. We need to bring back Patterson at this point.
With the recent hiring trend we might end up with Art Briles on our sideline.

Horny4TCU

Listen. I'm half joking in my comments. But I seriously want to know which one of you is happy with his comments about not knowing what we were doing on play calling? Or about his comments about the players not being motivated? Then his statement on X about not knowing about the alma mater tradition and not communicating it to the team? How is any of that acceptable when he gets paid what he does? GP started pulling that crap at the end, it happened a lot sooner it seems with Dykes. ADJD needs to right the ship or some of the donors need to do it now, before we start to slide into oblivion like we were in the last years of GP's era.

CountryFrog

Listen. I'm half joking in my comments. But I seriously want to know which one of you is happy with his comments about not knowing what we were doing on play calling? Or about his comments about the players not being motivated? Then his statement on X about not knowing about the alma mater tradition and not communicating it to the team? How is any of that acceptable when he gets paid what he does? GP started pulling that crap at the end, it happened a lot sooner it seems with Dykes. ADJD needs to right the ship or some of the donors need to do it now, before we start to slide into oblivion like we were in the last years of GP's era.
I think you should take anything that's said by a coach during or immediately after a game with a grain of salt. It's not like there was anything he could've reasonably said that would've illuminated us all and made us say "you know what now I totally get why we lost and it's completely OK."

Wexahu

I’m disappointed that we lost. I don’t make too much of whatever comments are made in postgame because they don’t really matter. These guys know what they are doing, they’ve been in the business for awhile, I’m inclined to not freak out quite so quickly and give them a chance to get things figured out. If they don’t, eventually they’ll get fired and then we’ll go find another guy and roll the dice with them.

Should Baylor fire Aranda? They had a pretty bad year last year and then last night happened. 20 months we would have been thrilled to get him.

Horny4TCU

I think you should take anything that's said by a coach during or immediately after a game with a grain of salt. It's not like there was anything he could've reasonably said that would've illuminated us all and made us say "you know what now I totally get why we lost and it's completely OK."
He could've said, "I'm not happy with the play calling, I'm going talk with Briles right now and get this fixed." Or "I didn't like what I saw today and we are gonna put testosterone in the water to make these pansies tackle better." Anything but, "I don't know what's going on with the play calling."