• The KillerFrogs

Fire Kendal Briles

Rifframbahzoo20

Didn’t deserve to be here from the start. Sure doesn’t belong to be here after this.
I agree. Everybody called me an idiot for complaining about him and if we won then it shouldn’t matter. Well this season is gonna be bad. I’m not blaming him but our sense of superiority for not hiring scumbags is gone AND we suck. Not good.

Mean Purple

The play calling on the last possession was pathetic.
The play calling has been had for a while. This scheme is not much different from last year. It’s that same ole so the opposite [ Finebaum ].

3rd and short, throw long risky pass.
3rd and long, throw a screen or some dumb ass run play that takes forever to develop and get to the line or scrimmage.

Same as last year, but we had a qb who could improvise and cover for it. And some D that was not yet tainted by the current staff.

Didn’t deserve to be here from the start. Sure doesn’t belong to be here after this.
Any coach that can get your team to the national title game deserves to pick his own staff. Period. I know you don’t like him and I’m not thrilled with him either but the majority of the blame on this loss is on the defense. However, I will say I was not very happy about some of the play calling especially when it costed the team an unnecessary turnover that might have made the difference in the game.

PurpleSouthpaw

The pass call on 3rd and short at the goal line was a dumb call when we were running at will on them. However, to be fair Travis Hunter made an absolute nuts stretch to get that interception. It takes likely the best player in CFB to make that play, otherwise I think it’s a TD.

This isn’t on Briles at all and those saying otherwise are just looking for a reason to be dismissive because they hate him and it’s a convenient excuse. It’s disingenuous, over-reactionary, and just plain dumb. For a first game with a brand new offense, they did better than last’s years game in Colorado.

The defense is a whole different story and more concerning considering the returning talent we have and no signs of improvement from last year.

Toolow

The pass call on 3rd and short at the goal line was a dumb call when we were running at will on them. However, to be fair Travis Hunter made an absolute nuts stretch to get that interception. It takes likely the best player in CFB to make that play, otherwise I think it’s a TD.

This isn’t on Briles at all and those saying otherwise are just looking for a reason to be dismissive because they hate him and it’s a convenient excuse. It’s disingenuous, over-reactionary, and just plain dumb. For a first game with a brand new offense, they did better than last’s years game in Colorado.

The defense is a whole different story and more concerning considering the returning talent we have and no signs of improvement from last year.
You begin by admitting that was a dumb call on 3rd and 1 - and that was the second time he threw the ball down in the red zone which resulted in an interception - and then say this wasn't on Briles at all?

That doesn't make any sense.

At a certain point in the game TCU should've recognized that not only could they run the football almost at will, but their defense was out there struggling. In every era of football the answer to a high powered offense your defense is having trouble with is to keep that offense off the field and control the clock with your running game, not try and outgun em. There was never a point in this game where TCU was forced to go away from the run and try to play catch up.

Wexahu

You begin by admitting that was a dumb call on 3rd and 1 - and that was the second time he threw the ball down in the red zone which resulted in an interception - and then say this wasn't on Briles at all?

At a certain point in the game TCU should've recognized that not only could they run the football almost at will, but their defense was out there struggling. In every era of football the answer to a high powered offense your defense is having trouble with is to keep that offense off the field and control the clock with your running game, not try and outgun em. There was never a point in this game where TCU was forced to go away from the run and try to play catch up.
I think Briles had a few dumb calls today. To think he should be fired because of that is beyond asinine. Look at the thread title.

PurpleSouthpaw

I’m saying the game loss wasn’t on Briles. And crazy idea, but you can have a bad play call that still works. Running would have been a safer, as effective play on the goal line. But I also believe, while a bad call, that pass play would have been a TD if Travis Hunter wasn’t Travis Hunter.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
I’m saying the game loss wasn’t on Briles. And crazy idea, but you can have a bad play call that still works. Running would have been a safer, as effective play on the goal line. But I also believe, while a bad call, that pass play would have been a TD if Travis Hunter wasn’t Travis Hunter.
But he was Travis Hunter and he’d been kicking our ass on every play all day. So let’s maybe not try to force a throw to the side where freaking Superman is playing when they couldn’t stop us running the ball.

Rabidfrog

At a certain point in the game TCU should've recognized that not only could they run the football almost at will, but their defense was out there struggling. In every era of football the answer to a high powered offense your defense is having trouble with is to keep that offense off the field and control the clock with your running game, not try and outgun em. There was never a point in this game where TCU was forced to go away from the run and try to play catch upXwe
Certainly could not "run the football at will" in that last series.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Should have worn their arses down and out with the run game. Hated the two throws to the back corner of the end zone. The second interception was a bad play call. Run the damn ball. Some bad play calling but the offense even with the two red zone oskies and a missed FG did enough to win.

2themax

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office
Happy Ecstasy GIF

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
What other parts of the athletics facilities do you own as a result of your fandom? The weight room? Sonny's office? The basketball court? Should you have the ability to walk into Briles office today and fire him yourself?
Here’s a shocker, I call them my team, too. I call AGC my home field. I said WE had a good season last year. Excuse me for falling into that all too common aspect being a loyal fan.

Although perhaps you’re right, with garbage like THEY have blowing up and down THEIR sideline and in THEIR coaching offices, and THEIR players thumbing THEIR noses at singing the TCU alma mater after the game, it is feeling less and less like anything to do with me.

FloridaFrog76129

What other parts of the athletics facilities do you own as a result of your fandom? The weight room? Sonny's office? The basketball court? Should you have the ability to walk into Briles office today and fire him yourself?
Could be worse….could be one of the dummies that paid for suite / loge boxes after watching the team last year…painful way to burn $20k per seat on a donation

CountryFrog

Here’s a shocker, I call them my team, too. I call AGC my home field. I said WE had a good season last year. Excuse me for falling into that all too common aspect being a loyal fan.

Although perhaps you’re right, with garbage like THEY have blowing up and down THEIR sideline and in THEIR coaching offices, and THEIR players thumbing THEIR noses at singing the TCU alma mater after the game, it is feeling less and less like anything to do with me.
Calling it "my sideline" isn't remotely the same as calling it "my team" as I'm sure you're aware. Totally different implication there.

Latest posts