• The KillerFrogs

Fire Joe Gillespie

Froggy Style

Everyone has figured out his defense. It’s time for a change.
I'm pretty sure it's easier to say that the defense has only played two good games, and both were against a pocket passer. Considering everyone except us has figured out that you have to have a mobile QB to win...that is not a good sign.

Froggy Style

Good for them. 3-3-5 platform still sux
So, facts be damned, got it.

Iowa State and Kstate have the best platforms in the conference, both 3-3-5. There is a reason everyone has moved to it...it is the only way to stop the RPO game, but you better not just sit back and not do the one thing it is meant to do, confuse the defense with multiple looks and variations you can show pre-snap.

The TCU Football Jerk

So, facts be damned, got it.

Iowa State and Kstate have the best platforms in the conference, both 3-3-5. There is a reason everyone has moved to it...it is the only way to stop the RPO game, but you better not just sit back and not do the one thing it is meant to do, confuse the defense with multiple looks and variations you can show pre-snap.

My fact holds true.

The beef with the 3-3-5 is you have no physical or power edge rushers. You've got to use a linebacker. While usually speedy, not usually as big as a defensive end.

froginmn

My fact holds true.

The beef with the 3-3-5 is you have no physical or power edge rushers. You've got to use a linebacker. While usually speedy, not usually as big as a defensive end.
inigomontoyameme.jpg

It's great that there's a "beef" with it.

I would think that results would be what actually matters.

The TCU Football Jerk

inigomontoyameme.jpg

It's great that there's a "beef" with it.

I would think that results would be what actually matters.

My fact stands. Do YOU know what it means?????? I don't care how successful it is in other places. How unsuccessful it is in other places (like TCU). Pass rushing is more difficult in a 3-3-5 platform. Period. Try and spin it however you want. You can't refute my original statement.

The TCU Football Jerk

The absence of physical edge rushers doesn't matter if you have guys that can pressure the quarterback.

Do you think that the size of the guy who makes the sack affects the result of the play?

Which is easier to do with more physical, set edge rushers. And yes, size and strength definitely affect how physical they are. See, its this game called football. Big guys try and beat the other teams big guys.

Froggy Style

My fact holds true.

It's not a fact if KState doesn't suffer from what you're talking about. They were able to get many sacks, but also drop 8 to mix it up. Complete domination. CGP was screwed against the RPO because he had too many Dlinemen committed to rushing the passer which allow the other team to go RPO and pick him apart.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Sonny's staff have let all the belief and good momentum from last year dissipate. We needed to follow up with a solid campaign if we wanted to leverage a miracle year into long-term program success. At this point you're another butt kicking or two from a mass post-season exodus into the portal.
This: The Worst Case Scenario. A total collapse into confusion and anger, leading to an exodus of guys who can go anywhere they want because they can play and because the whispers of other coaches that "the guys you are playing for are idiots!" ring very, very true.

In Season beheadings may stop this potential end-of-year Portal exodus. And they may not. We're in uncharted territory, and the old warnings of "Here be Dragons!" are not as fictional as we would like...

Limey Frog

I get the frustration with the defense (or lack thereof) last night, but think more focus should be directed at Kendall. 3 points? That's the best you can do? Pathetic.
There's blame enough to go around. Awful defense, anemic offense, special teams has been a disaster all year. This whole team is flat out awful. Realistic best case scenario is we limp to 6-6. Who would have taken that in August?