• The KillerFrogs

Fire Joe Gillespie

Boomhauer

JG tomorrow morning:

0rzqbz9uz0x91.gif

Froggy Style

KState could have had 800 yards easy. It's just not clear why Gillespie start EVERY first half in prevent defense. I'm done waiting for him to change. HE is the problem...along with us not having recruited a good mobile QB since 2018 with Max. Please explain how that is possible.

Horny4TCU

587 yards. And they could've had more. They took their foot off the gas. This team was an embarrassment tonight. No Johnny Hodge to speak up for him tonight. It's just a crappy game plan and scheme. Gillepsie doesn't know how to run a 3-3-5.

CountryFrog

Who believes Sonny has the stones to actually make a needed move like that? I don’t. Not at all.
I fully believe the defensive staff will be totally re-worked after this season. And when we inevitably see another performance like this then I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gillespie gets fired before the season is over. The only thing with an in-season firing though is that you have to have someone else on the staff who you believe can immediately step in and do the job and I'm not sure if we have that. Maybe we do, but I don't know.

Either way there's absolutely no way we're coming into 2024 with Gillespie as the DC. We've probably got 2 or 3 more of these types of defensive performances coming this year.

Horny4TCU

Maybe we could poach some coaches from South Alabama? I just was looking at stats, and those guys are top 10 in Offense, Defense, and Red Zone Offense. Plus they embarrassed Gundy.

FWSTC Hfrog

The blueprint on how to attack this D was perfected by UGA. If a team has the personnel (about 1/3 of the Big XII), it is really simple. Competing against a balanced O is a real challenge especially if you can’t tackle. Gaps EVERYWHERE.

LVH

How much of our defensive "success" last year was simply Dee Winters being such a freak that he was able to mask a lot of the schematic shortcomings of the defense. Also the defensive line last year was above average too which helped a lot.

This year its a below average (being generous) defensive line and no Dee Winters in the middle to play clean up duty. And this is what you get.