• The KillerFrogs

Final thoughts and I am moving forward...

Outstanding year! Showed me the promise of what could be a great run over the next decade. We helped stabilize the Big 12 as well. That said, lots of work to do. We know the level that we have to get to, because UGA isn't going anywhere.

And to be honest, just like the Mavs last year, we were probably ahead of the timetable a bit. The moment was definitely too big for us last night... but it will help us prepare and give us a North star for next year. Can't wait!

Go Frogs!
Great post!

We were kind of like the dog that finally caught the car last night. Didn’t know what to do with it once we caught it, but damn, it was a hell of a feat!

Mean Purple

And yet we are adding two more playoff rounds while the four top ranked teams get a refreshing bye. Will have to play 17 games for the crowning achievement instead of 15. Maybe should have stopped at an 8 team playoff; a 16 game season.
It would have been 6 team or 12 team playoffs. they were going to give their favored big brands a leg up no matter what. that's why an 8 team playoff, the obvious next step, was never really considered. People can say what they want, but this whole CFP thing was about protecting certain brands. When Cinci got in, they could not wait to move it to a system that gave some teams a bi

Yall are in denial. This was embarrassing at best. The consequences of this will be epic. Marketing and student enrollment will suffer, recruiting will suffer and all the credibility we gained in tough wins was erased in one game in front of a national audience. Sonny shouldn't get fired, but this was negligence on his part. Now teams that bomb will be considered TCUs. Let's not sugar coat this like nothing happened. Losing is one thing. Losing this bad is tragic and detrimental.
I really miss The Idiot Bell.

…People can say what they want, but this whole CFP thing was about protecting certain brands…
Speaking of brands, some interesting points and a parallel:
1) TCU and ESPN+ partner for Carter Boys this, of all seasons?
2) Disney (so ESPN) owns the rights to Futurama & Hypnotoad
3) ESPN embraces Cinderella Story: Molly/TCU/Cinderella + Holly/Georgia/Evil Guardian (same night that ABC runs PRINCE Harry Special)

766332DD-B858-48EE-A69E-2EC7A5C5E5E5.jpeg

Frogs1983

Yall are in denial. This was embarrassing at best. The consequences of this will be epic. Marketing and student enrollment will suffer, recruiting will suffer and all the credibility we gained in tough wins was erased in one game in front of a national audience. Sonny shouldn't get fired, but this was negligence on his part. Now teams that bomb will be considered TCUs. Let's not sugar coat this like nothing happened. Losing is one thing. Losing this bad is tragic and detrimental.
"Tragic" is just finding out a loved one has Cancer( again). This loss was just a football game!( Yes, a very huge football game, but still just a game). Get some real life perspective please!

Outside of you being maybe a little unhappy today, did this loss really change your daily life in any other way?

JugbandFrog

Man
Coping is complicated. Individuals are complicated. Hell, life is complicated. But if there is one singularity I've drawn from the aftermath of last night, it is that we are all processing the different stages of grief (in our own order, at our own pace). There has been denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance and hope displayed here over the day.

Denial:
This set in for me when Georgia regained possession to take a 38-7 halftime lead

Bargaining:
Remember the Alamo Bowl, why can't it happen again

Depression:
This is not the Alamo Bowl, but damn it, call me Cpt. Edward Smith because I'm going down with the ship

Acceptance:
Biggest one for me. I turned the game off last night and told myself, "I'm scheissing proud to be a mother scheissing TCU Horned Frog, and I will be god damned if any aggy or co-worker tries to take this season away from us." I laid out my favorite TCU Polo and Belt and knew that I was going to wear it with pride today. During the drive in, I turned on the sports talk radio and listened to local talking heads lambast the Frogs, listened to the haters hate at the office. Guess what, nothing has changed, they've been [ Finebaum ] talking us the whole time.

Anger:
It initially angered me to see some of the naysayers on here talking about how much this set us back yadadadadadada. Strong emphasis on the initially. I realize, while writing this, that maybe you were still dealing (and maybe still are) dealing with this loss in a different way.

Hope:
Look y'all, I get how embarrassing last night was, we all watched it. I hope that this was a wake up call to every one. The players, the coaches, the fans, the recruits and the nation. Maybe the bright lights were too much. I hope that this gave us a taste but didn't satisfy our appetite. For the people arguing that this is going to set us back from a recruiting standpoint, here is my retort: After a 5-7 season we were able to dominate the Transfer Portal and secure some key talent that brought us within 60 minutes of winning it all. If you don't want to come be a part of what is being built after last night, then frankly you don't have the heart/drive/determination that got us to where we were last night (as one of the ONLY two teams playing).

We started this season as the Hunters and despite last night (hell, even as of this morning) we will open next season as the Hunted. Let that sink in.Let this whole season sink in. All Glory to the Hypnotoad
I hadn’t really been eating the last two weeks as I’ve had some intestinal issues that might require surgery and I did not want to allow my condition to take away any joy from my trips.

At half, I went to the food vendors and ate two weeks worth of meals and tried to drown my depression in red meat and cheese.

It didn’t work.

Mean Purple

Speaking of brands, some interesting points and a parallel:
1) TCU and ESPN+ partner for Carter Boys this, of all seasons?
2) Disney (so ESPN) owns the rights to Futurama & Hypnotoad
3) ESPN embraces Cinderella Story: Molly/TCU/Cinderella + Holly/Georgia/Evil Guardian (same night that ABC runs PRINCE Harry Special)

View attachment 13516
I like that our media/marketing impact numbers for getting into the CFP, and then the Natty, likely are somewhere around 4 billion. It was over 2 billion for the Fiesta/CFP lead up alone. Take that, blue balls. uh, I mean blue bloods.

Man

I hadn’t really been eating the last two weeks as I’ve had some intestinal issues that might require surgery and I did not want to allow my condition to take away any joy from my trips.

At half, I went to the food vendors and ate two weeks worth of meals and tried to drown my depression in red meat and cheese.

It didn’t work.
First and foremost, wishing you the best.

Can quasi-relate: This season I ate 50+ “good luck glizzys” during pivotal “pit”moments when the team needed mojo.

It worked. (can’t even begin to count how many QJ, KM, Max TDs I was responsible for).

At half, I had my 4th of the day.

It didn’t work.

Last edited:

Christcu

Post of the day. My 6th grader was called a bandwagoner a few weeks ago when he wore his TCU hoodie to school. He told the kid I've been going to games since 1987 when I was 9 years old. I told him this morning if anyone says anything about last night to say two things. 1) Yup, the Frogs got beat. 2) There were 123 teams sitting at home watching.
Post of the Day

We're going to be fine.
A) We have the best social media team in the country, they have done far more good for this program than any of the harm the "talking heads" have or can do harm.
B) Haters been hating, so ain't nothing changed.
C) Only "sorry" should be that we earned it and you didn't
D) I'd imagine (and I could be TOTALLY wrong), but a 16-18 year old athlete is probably going to place more weight on social media content tailored to their demographic vs. an old constipated dude that looks like their grandfather (a la: Poop [ Finebaum ]baum)
Re: A) social media
Yea, except that clip of Hodge smoking a cigar to wiz Khalifa after the fiesta bowl with the caption “smoking that Michigan pack” - not a good look

Brog

I like that our media/marketing impact numbers for getting into the CFP, and then the Natty, likely are somewhere around 4 billion. It was over 2 billion for the Fiesta/CFP lead up alone. Take that, blue balls. uh, I mean blue bloods.
Any way we could cash that in? Sure would help the endowment and available NIL funds.