• The KillerFrogs

Fiesta Bowl Tickets

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The Fiesta Bowl was fine except we got screwed having to play Boise and we lost. I think people would have an entirely different impression if it we had played a different team, especially if we won. At least Phoenix is a nice place to visit in the winter. Much, much better than Atlanta.
Mac Brown doesn't get an extra second put back on the clock, and we were going to be in an interesting position. But, UT being UT, they got the extra second, and we got the Fiesta Bowl. I believe that both TCU and Boise would have annihilated just about any of the other BCS Powers that year, but they stuck us in the same Bowl game to avoid the embarrassment of getting their asses kicked. Badly.

Little known factoid: The Fiesta Bowl only had to pay out a fraction of what they would have had to pay BCS Programs, because neither team was in the Big Boys Club. They were only obligated to pay something like $2.3 million per team, vs the $5 million they would have otherwise per the BCS Bowl agreement. We ran into Craig Thompson (MWC Poo-Bah) outside the Stadium along with some Fiesta Bowl Bigwig. I congratulated Thompson in running a good Conference, and thanked the Fiesta guy for the invite. Then, I asked the Fiesta guy, "So, when are you going to cough up the $8 million you owe him?" pointing at Thompson. He stammered and stumbled, as this had been talked about on various Sportstalk outfits, and he really didn't have an answer. Thompson just laughed, "Yeah! Where's the money?"

Mac Brown doesn't get an extra second put back on the clock, and we were going to be in an interesting position. But, UT being UT, they got the extra second, and we got the Fiesta Bowl. I believe that both TCU and Boise would have annihilated just about any of the other BCS Powers that year, but they stuck us in the same Bowl game to avoid the embarrassment of getting their asses kicked. Badly.

Little known factoid: The Fiesta Bowl only had to pay out a fraction of what they would have had to pay BCS Programs, because neither team was in the Big Boys Club. They were only obligated to pay something like $2.3 million per team, vs the $5 million they would have otherwise per the BCS Bowl agreement. We ran into Craig Thompson (MWC Poo-Bah) outside the Stadium along with some Fiesta Bowl Bigwig. I congratulated Thompson in running a good Conference, and thanked the Fiesta guy for the invite. Then, I asked the Fiesta guy, "So, when are you going to cough up the $8 million you owe him?" pointing at Thompson. He stammered and stumbled, as this had been talked about on various Sportstalk outfits, and he really didn't have an answer. Thompson just laughed, "Yeah! Where's the money?"
I don’t think I’ve ever heard that before. I don’t think we will have to worry about our current Big 12 commish collecting his money.

Horned Toad

I appreciate the detailed post - but this is wildly inaccurate. Your son either (1) donates thousands a year to TCU to get a rank near 2,000 or (2) donated thousands during Covid when they ran a double points promo

Point total up that high requires $13k of donations
I’ve done neither of the scenarios you mention. I’ve had four football season tickets and a parking pass since about 2002, two MBB since about 2015. I buy random baseball tickets a few times a year. I did keep our tickets during Covid and went to the games. That’s it. No other donations other than I bought a Christmas Frog ornament from the Frog Club table at the basketball game last night for $5. My PP is 1877. Just slow steady renewal each year. Finally got my seats back on the westside. I‘m in the row and seats directly in front of my old row and seats before the reseating. Took 12 years of working my way back around the stadium from the eastside. I think you just have to be patient and consistent.

ticketfrog123

I’ve done neither of the scenarios you mention. I’ve had four football season tickets and a parking pass since about 2002, two MBB since about 2015. I buy random baseball tickets a few times a year. I did keep our tickets during Covid and went to the games. That’s it. No other donations other than I bought a Christmas Frog ornament from the Frog Club table at the basketball game last night for $5. My PP is 1877. Just slow steady renewal each year. Finally got my seats back on the westside. I‘m in the row and seats directly in front of my old row and seats before the reseating. Took 12 years of working my way back around the stadium from the eastside. I think you just have to be patient and consistent.
4 seats with a Covid donation is what value? $2,000 x 2x points = 240 pts if you got the Covid bump

NewFrogFan

30 pts per $1,000 donated.

The season ticket renewal bump is smaller and doesn’t move needle much. Everybody goes up by the same amount essentially
I went from 8 seats and 3 parking spots (That GA move in lot 4 blew up a tailgate we spent over 10 years building up), to 4 seats in 103, and 2 GA spots and went from 6xx to 7xx.

ticketfrog123

I went from 8 seats and 3 parking spots (That GA move in lot 4 blew up a tailgate we spent over 10 years building up), to 4 seats in 103, and 2 GA spots and went from 6xx to 7xx.
you don't really drop each year because of changes in your # of tickets. the gap between 6xx and 7xx at that level is quite large.

people behind you just donated more than the people previously in front of them

NewFrogFan

you don't really drop each year because of changes in your # of tickets. the gap between 6xx and 7xx at that level is quite large.

people behind you just donated more than the people previously in front of them
I didn’t say the drop was because of tics cuz I donate way more for 4 seats than I did for 8. I also don’t and won’t worry about what happens going forward. The last Fiesta bowl I used to donate even more and got awful seats, I just buy what I want at TCU now and the chips fall where they fall!

ticketfrog123

I didn’t say the drop was because of tics cuz I donate way more for 4 seats than I did for 8. I also don’t and won’t worry about what happens going forward. The last Fiesta bowl I used to donate even more and got awful seats, I just buy what I want at TCU now and the chips fall where they fall!
Agree that’s the way to do it

eh0215

Dont panic buy your seats right now if you missed the allotment.

Scroll down on seatgeek. See all those 1-20+ seat offerings? Those prices are going to drop steadily the next couple weeks.