• The KillerFrogs

Evansville Courier & Press: Rebounding may be the biggest challenge for UE against TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Evansville Courier & Press: Rebounding may be the biggest challenge for UE against TCU

By Randy Beard

Marty Simmons would like to believe that his University of Evansville basketball players don't need any more reminders about what happens when they lose their focus.

With road-tested Texas Christian University visiting the Ford Center at 7:05 tonight as part of the Mountain West-Missouri Valley Challenge series, Simmons said the Aces (3-2) can't afford to keep racking up empty possessions.

"We can't turn it over because they are like Indiana in that they score off steals and turnovers really well," said Simmons of the Horned Frogs. "They look to push the basketball."We've got to take care of the basketball and get them stopped." ...

Really interested to see how the Frogs do on the road tonight. The team has to be confident coming off of two wins, but I really want to see this team take that next step of holding that lead throughout the whole game. I think that we should match up pretty well with Evansville. Some picked them as high as 4th in the MVC, and they started off the year with a nice win over a depleted Butler team, but really haven't played all that well since.

This one should be a good matchup for us since Evansville lacks a credible scoring threat at the forward position. I would expect Amric to have a big game tonight and for McKinney to get back on track. Two of Evansville three forwards are freshmen. I would expect to see us continue to try some full court pressure to try to force turnovers and increase the tempo of the game. We win if we create transition hoops and aren't forced to settle for too many outside shots. Attack the rim and we will win.

This is a game we should win but you never take anything for granted. I hope we take it to them and make them expend energy at the defensive end. Control the boards and run them out of the gym as with Thorns at the helm, we should get lots of gimmes' if we get the rebounds.