• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: TCU: No Big 12 games at Cowboys Stadium

roddog

Banned
Personally, I hate going to Cowboy's stadium for games. I'd love it if this weekend was our last time. I don't like the stadium and I don't like having to drive to Arlington.

I bet the other Big 12 teams have played in Jerry World mainly for their DFW alumni's benefit.

you dont like to drive to arlington but then say ut 50k undergrads would have no problem doing so :wacko:

FROGDADDY

TCU undergrad approx 8,000

UT undergrad approx 50,000

Do they not teach math at Tech? :rolleyes:

Seriously, it'd be idiotic to play in Jerry World anyways when we have our own brand new stadium.
Not even worth responding to rod on this anymore. He's either just trying to piss people off or he's one of the dumbest people on this board. Not worth debating either of those options.

Tsfardiim

Personally, I hate going to Cowboy's stadium for games. I'd love it if this weekend was our last time. I don't like the stadium and I don't like having to drive to Arlington.

I bet the other Big 12 teams have played in Jerry World mainly for their DFW alumni's benefit.

Hey now, I live in Arlington.

That being said, I much prefer games at The Carter. I don't mind the occasional game at the Death Star, but I am in the no home conference games camp, though.

HFrog1999

Hey now, I live in Arlington.

That being said, I much prefer games at The Carter. I don't mind the occasional game at the Death Star, but I am in the no home conference games camp, though.
I'm not bagging on Arlington. I just live closer to Amon Carter so it's easier for me to go to the games. Plus, I really don't like Cowboy's stadium.

Tsfardiim

I wish he wouldn't. That's a terrible strategy. What has it done for Fresno state?

Garnered them national attention. Do you think anyone would know who Pat Hill was if Fresno State didn't play Wisconsin and the like every year? That is probably what got them into the MWC, as well. Sure, they might have more WAC championships if they weren't getting beat up all the time in their OOC schedule, but they'd get the national press that a MAC champion gets (not much).

HFrog1999

Garnered them national attention. Do you think anyone would know who Pat Hill was if Fresno State didn't play Wisconsin and the like every year? That is probably what got them into the MWC, as well. Sure, they might have more WAC championships if they weren't getting beat up all the time in their OOC schedule, but they'd get the national press that a MAC champion gets (not much).

Don't you think TCU is in a much better spot than Fresno?

Tsfardiim

Don't you think TCU is in a much better spot than Fresno?

A. TCU got out of the WAC when the getting was good.

B. TCU has been in a much better spot financially since the administration realized they needed to put more into the athletics program.

C. TCU has better donors.

Yes, TCU is in a better spot. You asked what it had gained Fresno. I answered.

Where do you think Fresno would be if they didn't have the "anyone, anywhere" thing going for them?

HFrog1999

Where do you think Fresno would be if they didn't have the "anyone, anywhere" thing going for them?

I don't know. I don't pay much attention to Fresno. I just remember them trying to be a big deal and then they got beat up and kind of went away.

TCU did it smart. IMO, Fresno did not.