• The KillerFrogs

ESPN FPI projections - barely make a bowl :)

MinFrog

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi?id=2628&year=2018

Pretty funny stuff. The best example of its absurdity is that fact that our game at UT will be just as tough as hosting OU at home.

Also, Baylor is favored to beat us.

Kind of like when you make a metric and it doesn't show Pedro's '99-'01 season as a top 3 you know it is broken. If you have UT and Baylor favored over TCU at this point, your model is seriously broken.

Zubaz

It also thinks WVU is middle of the pack, when I'd argue they could be the odds-on favorite to win the conference.

I think it relies heavily on returning strength, and we lost a lot of "important" pieces.

I think we know that our season will depend on how well our new faces are able to rise to the occasion, especially at the QB position. As such, any prediction is pretty useless for us.

Wexahu

It also thinks WVU is middle of the pack, when I'd argue they could be the odds-on favorite to win the conference.

I think it relies heavily on returning strength, and we lost a lot of "important" pieces.

I think we know that our season will depend on how well our new faces are able to rise to the occasion, especially at the QB position. As such, any prediction is pretty useless for us.

I'll believe WVU is more than a middle-of-the-pack team when they prove it. Almost every year everyone thinks they are going to be some stout team and they get a ton of respect (which I don't really understand) and almost every year they end up 5-4 or 4-5. I expect more of the same this year.

Case in point: Texas was 7-6 overall and 5-4 in the conference last year. So was West Virginia. The thought of Texas winning the conference is laughable but West Virginia could be the "odds-on favorite" to win it, and nobody really thinks that is ridiculous. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

TooColdU

I'll believe WVU is more than a middle-of-the-pack team when they prove it. Almost every year everyone thinks they are going to be some stout team and they get a ton of respect (which I don't really understand) and almost every year they end up 5-4 or 4-5. I expect more of the same this year.

Case in point: Texas was 7-6 overall and 5-4 in the conference last year. So was West Virginia. The thought of Texas winning the conference is laughable but West Virginia could be the "odds-on favorite" to win it, and nobody really thinks that is ridiculous. Makes no sense to me.

It’s really simple as to why people think that....WV has the best QB returning in the conference.

West Virginia could’ve easily finished 9-4 if their starting QB hadn’t got hurt.

Last edited:

Zubaz

They have the best proven QB in the conference, they have the best proven WR corp in the conference, they return a ton from last year.

As I said, other teams could easily step up, but based on what we know WVU has a ton of talent.