• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Dallas: TCU, BYU may play at Cowboys Stadium

Cougar/Frog

To avoid the problems of the last game at the Death Star, I think they should price the upper ring at $20, kids at $15. I think we could a lot of families (TCU, BYU, and casual fans) to come for a very reasonable price.

I think too many of you doubt the power of the TCU's success over the last several years. There are a lot of non-TCU folks sporting TCU shirts these day(you know, the type the used to be Aggie, Longhorn, and Chicken Raider fans). I have had so many folks give me the Frog sign over the last month --- including a lot of young kids who likely have no connection to TCU. Upon quizzing some, they all are super hyped about TCU. I even had some kids in dirt town in West Texas on the way back from the Rose Bowl look in awe at my boys in their TCU shirts, wondering where they got the TCU gear, all of whom watched the Rose Bowl.

Again, TCU's fan base is expanding greatly and we have to believe in the product --- just because TCU received no respect even locally until recently means nothing today.

gdu

To avoid the problems of the last game at the Death Star, I think they should price the upper ring at $20, kids at $15. I think we could a lot of families (TCU, BYU, and casual fans) to come for a very reasonable price.

I think too many of you doubt the power of the TCU's success over the last several years. There are a lot of non-TCU folks sporting TCU shirts these day(you know, the type the used to be Aggie, Longhorn, and Chicken Raider fans). I have had so many folks give me the Frog sign over the last month --- including a lot of young kids who likely have no connection to TCU. Upon quizzing some, they all are super hyped about TCU. I even had some kids in dirt town in West Texas on the way back from the Rose Bowl look in awe at my boys in their TCU shirts, wondering where they got the TCU gear, all of whom watched the Rose Bowl.

Again, TCU's fan base is expanding greatly and we have to believe in the product --- just because TCU received no respect even locally until recently means nothing today.
Would be great. Will never happen.

Frog89

The home team can only ban beer sales for general admissions sections. Jerry can sell beer in the club section, as he did at the last Baylor home game there.

Baylor banned alcohol sales on their side of the field? I'm in disbelief. No way Jerry would let that happen. It's not that I wouldn't put it past Baylor, I just can't believe Jerry would agree to that - for either Baylor or BYU.

angelo's frog

Baylor banned alcohol sales on their side of the field? I'm in disbelief. No way Jerry would let that happen. It's not that I wouldn't put it past Baylor, I just can't believe Jerry would agree to that - for either Baylor or BYU.

Not just their side of the field, the whole stadium with the exception of the "club" areas which are the prime seats in the lower section between the 20's. I expect the same deal is made with the UIL for HS games and I'm certain if BYU is the "home" team, beer will not be allowed outside the club areas.

Frog89

[quote name='angelo's frog' timestamp='1296247656' post='764872']
Not just their side of the field, the whole stadium with the exception of the "club" areas which are the prime seats in the lower section between the 20's. I expect the same deal is made with the UIL for HS games and I'm certain if BYU is the "home" team, beer will not be allowed outside the club areas.
[/quote]

Completely understandable for UIL games with mostly high schoolers. But not for NCAA games in non-college stadiums.

Wonder if Baylor was the home team for the Houston Bowl? Illinois fans must have been happy with that, if so.

Latest posts