• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: Casey Pachall filling the bill except as closer

helcap

Perhaps, but you can build resentments with those kind of tactics.

Casey did his job. It's the defense that's not carrying its weight.

Perhaps, yes. But after the Cowboys debacle this weekend the Defense didn't say , "Well we did our job, but Romo sucked." Rather they pointed out that they could have stopped the Lions on their scoring drive after the last interception, and won the game. That is part of being a team. Looking at was there anything I could have done to more positively effect the outcome. Not "hey I did my job, the Defense is not doing theirs". Finger pointing in adversity is a character weakness, and if CP resents these type comments then he is too thin skinned to be a QB or a leader. Fortunately I have a feeling that is not the case based on what I have heard from him interviews. And I I also have a feeling that CGP's years of coaching experience and dealing with players gives him a better insight into how to handle each situation than most of us.

staypurple12

Let me be very candid in response to the SoonerBred thread.

Do you remember Patterson pre-HC days. Many people, including those on campus, which I was, thought that it would be interesting his handling a HC role considering his personality. When the media gets on the Oregon or ND coach because of their candidness and emotion then I usually laugh and think of pre-HC Patterson. That is who he is and it is perfect for a leader in Cowtown. He spoke at a clinic a few years back on a panel of Texas coaches. Jones was there too. The moderator asked a question and every answer was so canned, so prepared....Mack Brown....same old UT is the best recruitment speech....same from Jones, same from Sherman....blah..Briles was typical Briles (just like he was at S'Ville). The question was about getting teams motivated and how you would evaluate recent groups etcetera. Canned...canned...canned. Then the moderator asks Patterson. He went from 2005 thru 2010 with a quick description of each, just a few phrases like "entitled", "hungry", "blue-collar", "overachiever", "not committed". It was so honest and so un-like everyone else. He was like that the whole time. I remember when he was being interviewed by Galloway before the Fiesta Bowl and I was putting together a Christmas present in the garage. The whole thing was pure honesty (so unlike what you typically hear on ESPN/it was like sitting in the coaches office) and Galloway even touched on that.

Patterson doesn't wear a collar and he can't spell polished. He is perfect for our school, he has earned it, and if he wants to b____ and moan a little then let him do it. The college sports world talks about TCU now.

Houston Frog

Maybe so, but if he is going to keep his motive so private, what good does it do to go off on public tirades and publicly call-out his quarterback who has been doing a terrific job? It makes him look like a "richard-head", whiny, and lacking in self-control.

I don't think he "called out" Pachall, I think y'all are just looking for something to be critical of. I think he simply reminded Pachall that individual stats don't matter on this team, only winning does. This is clearly something that is emphasized in TCU's program. I mean hell, Dalton is still saying it in the NFL after a big day.

He doesn't want Pachall to get complacent, as if he has done his job and now it's time for the rest of the team to step it up. Not even the dumbest football mind would hang either loss on Pachall, so why are y'all assuming that one of the most brilliant football minds in the world (Patterson) would. Of course Patterson knows these losses are on the Defense, he's simply truying to motivate his QB to keep improving.

Pachall's a big boy, I'm sure he can handle it.